SCC QuikBinder. Anybody running them?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Kansas, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    IM wondering if these things are worth the money. There is a youtube video demo of these that looks pretty cool, but I gotta wonder once they get a little greasy dirty if theyll still work that slick?

Not to mention they are high dollar as heck.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiU5vHGASx8[/ame]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ultraclassic

ultraclassic Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    besides a few extras that I really dont see a need for like, the padlock and release pin, I dont see a difference between the operation of that and a normal ratchet binder..just my two cents

4. ultraclassic

Aug 4, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I do however like this [ame]http://youtu.be/x2hA2YlBJpM[/ame] just dont know how tight it can adjust the straps...looks like it can save time by working multiple straps at once

5. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I was going to buy them till I heard from multiple guys that the pins break and the handles fall off. Was told that by someone on here and the salesman at Tarpstop said the same thing. I got Durabilt ratchet binders and so far they work great.

6. ultraclassic

Aug 4, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    SHC how you like'n flatbedding so far...?

7. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Loving it so far. It's one hell of a workout too. I been holding a steering too long cuz now I've got muscles hurting I didn't even know I had LOL

Once I get the hang of it all it will be even more fun I think, right now there is soooo much to learn.

8. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    That's what I was thinking as I watched the video. Handle breaks off, you punch whatever your chaining down and pull muscles you didn't know you had.:biggrin_2559:

9. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Wait till you have to climb on top of a high load multiple times. I've found some muscles I'd forgotten about over the past week too.

10. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    I "had" four of 'em! Broke two and gave the other two away. Overpriced gimmick in my opinion.

SHC Thanks this.
  11. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Im sick of "almost" getting a hernia every time I yank on my load bar. Im getting older and my nards are dropping naturally. Don't need any extra help in that dept LOL, so I might try the ratchets.

I think ill get me two of the SCC boomers just to try them out. Ill report my findings back a lil later...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.