Schneider again...

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Clara3, Feb 13, 2020.

1. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    The pumpkin is cheaper than cheap, I’m sure there’s some that do ok at the pumpkin~we pull outta the same BASF facility as them so I asked my boss one day how come we don’t pull more loads outta there~he says because Schneider got the rates so cheap and we’re not going to pull loads for pennies~enough said lol

alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I spoke to a driver who works for Highlight out of Canada. He started at SNI. Quit after a month because the pay was that bad. I'm not surprised people take digs at me for not starting trucking.. well when the advice on this board is "better companies". Not in my state. East coast has way more options.

You've got more than six months in with SNI. Start applying at Crete, Abilene Motor Express, anywhere..

4. ww77

ww77 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Easton, PA
    Try CFI

5. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    How do you only drive 75k miles in one year?

theSoz Thanks this.
  6. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Lots a factors may contribute to the low yearly miles, bad area, poor planning, bad dispatcher, too many drivers not enough freight the list could go on and on

7. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    If you're a company driver, I'm surprised they are making you buy your own health insurance. Well, maybe I shouldn't be surprised given how cheap the megas have become.

Worked for Schneider for my first 3 months after getting my CDL in 2015, hated them. Always on edge over bs safety violations and was even called in for a safety meeting with the upper management once who also called bs on it when I offered to show my dashcam footage of each supposed event, asking the safety people why the meeting was even called to which the safety people had no response. But nothing changed and I was eventually let go for 'safety reasons'.

Went to TransAm doing their lease purchase thing, yea, a lot are against lease purchase, but I gave it a try. In 2017 I grossed $150k according to my 1099. But nearly 100k of that went towards lease payments and fuel. My personal log claims I drove 137k miles that year, but that doesn't fit the income as it comes out to 1.09 per mile and they didn't pay that much.

TransAm hires pretty much anybody, sorta a 2nd chance company. Went through orientation with somebody who claimed he had been fired from his previous job due to a rollover on an offramp.

8. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Had a trainee from Schneider who payed over three times what the cpap was worth. Told him to look it up on amazon. Still had to make the payment after he left.

Try Magnum out of Fargo, we have a yard in Coon Rapids, so no problem getting home.

@Chinatown

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I agree, Magnum Ltd. is a wise choice.
    Home | Magnum Companies
    https://www.magnumlog.com
    ~
    This one might be a good 2nd choice:
    May Trucking Company
    https://www.maytrucking.com

10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Dude. You drove 137k miles to make $50k.

alds Thanks this.
  11. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    And I'm no longer with them, left for a better paying company.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.