Schneider cdl training

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by booth793, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Baty Dispatch

Baty Dispatch Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nevada
    The original question that was posed is what I answered and that was did anybody know anything about CDL training with Schneider.
    But of course whenever someone answers and their answer is different than there's been other people have to keep posting smart-### comments just because they miss being a CB Warrior while they are online. ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baty Dispatch

Baty Dispatch Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nevada
    In my experience that is a typical recruiter answer. I know that Schneider will not turn you loose and less the trainer says you're ready.

4. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    It seems more official than just "a typical recruiter answer," though I do believe they also said you could get up to another week if you really needed it.

[​IMG]
    New Class A CDL Holders Orientation

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    New driver orientation is 18 days long. 5 days at an OC, 5-7 with a TE on the road, 1 day off, 4-5 in the classroom.

At Schneider's discretion they MAY offer additional training in either of the first two phases . However if we don't feel you are ready to go, we cut ties.

Running up to 30 days with a trainer then being teamed with another new driver hasn't been done in almost two decades. Even then your particulars are off.

91B20H8, jmz and Rollr4872 Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Maybe our answers are different because you are wrong.

MilkyJay, 91B20H8 and gentleroger Thank this.
  7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    so tell me rambo, just when it was you drove for SCHNEIDER.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  8. crazyrob79

crazyrob79 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2015
    agree as i have spoken with military recruiter she told me same 3 weeks training and orientation one week with the TE training engineer paid 80 per day with brkfast and lunch and if at west memphis Arkansas OC dinner

9. Box of Tj

Box of Tj Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2014
    When I became a driver for Schneider in Dallas, 3 years ago, This is how it went for me.
    Started with at least 2-3 weeks classroom time (sorry I don't recall if it was 2 or 3, but it was definitely more than 1, i can guarantee that) and THEN went 1 week with a TE. when I was approved, I did a driving test with a Schneider trainer, and then I got my truck and went on the road. Don't remember there being any classroom time or training after the TE. maybe a day or whatever for general breifing, etc, but that's how it went for me.

MilkyJay Thanks this.
  10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    If you were a van driver then you had 2 week at the oc, 1 with a te and 1 more "week " - usually 3.5 days at the oc for soft skills. Its the program we've run for the last 7 years.

11. Box of Tj

Box of Tj Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2014
    okay, i didn't realize i was contesting something here, my bad. whatever you say

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.