Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    I'm hauling plenty of Walmart with my new job, and we still get 24 hour windows. Interesting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    thats because dedicated store deliveries are different than managing incoming freight at the dc level.

4. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    I'm only delivering the Loveland DC, but that's all the Walmart I ever did with Schneider, too. My scope is fairly limited, I reckon.

5. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Only $15k on Truck Paper. Who's in?
    img.jpg

G13Tomcat and SingingWolf Thank this.
  6. tnscavenger

tnscavenger Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Maynardville, TN
    It will be a miracle if I make it to one year on this Walmart dedicated account. Today at the DC I was fueling my truck and busy cleaning the grill and removing lots of dead bugs from the screen with a soft bristle brush. Along came a TE who told me that I am in volition of WM policy and run the risk of an ##* chewing because the brush is only for the windshield. Seriously? WTF?!

This is not the first time I have done some minor task that I've always done and then be told that's a no-no. It seems they have a ton of rules that are not posted. Meanwhile, the Walmart Fleet drivers here seemly do whatever they want. It's getting to the point that I feel like I'm treading on egg shells while at the DC.

7. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    What's up with all the new snowflakes? Geeze I see a pinned post from a mod you all need to play nice. To funny

Friday, bamamac, TennMan and 2 others Thank this.
  8. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Speaking of snowflakes... so shortly after starting my trip yesterday I lost A/C. For 600 miles had nothing but warm air blowing out. Then I tried again in the middle of the night and it works and blows ice cold and is still working great now. Figuring I needed a recharge, we bumped up my PM date but like I said its working now and went back to the original shop appt. Anybody had this happen to them? 97k on the truck.

9. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Might just be the freeze switch.

AM14 Thanks this.
  10. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Check the cabin air filters. Yes there are two. One inside, one outside. If there isn't enough air flow across the evaporator, it will freeze up. Turn it off and it thaws out and works again. Also check the refrigerant. Could be low but enough to work at night.

AM14 Thanks this.
  11. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    If by freeze switch you mean the A/C button in the middle of the temp dial, I checked that with the meter. Thought that could be it since I had air flow just not cold. No problem at least at the time I read the voltage.

I checked one and it was decent but did not know there were two. Let me guess, behind the glove box? It's still working fine today. Although today never got past the low 70's. so I'll just watch it and put it on the list when I get my PM done probably next week. I'm curious to see if they actually change out the filters or will just add freon. This is gonna turn onto one of those things that it starts working fine the second I pull into the shop and goes out when I leave.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    SingingWolf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.