Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yeah, from what I can tell, they have so many different pay scales and opportunities, they don't really publicize their pay.

Which is of course to their benefit, as far as underpaying people. But I don't think I have to point that out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    And definitely not to rain on your parade just before you get hired there. They are a good training wheel company, and I will always maintain that. But do your year, and get a better gig.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  4. Slumwolf13

Slumwolf13 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Spring brook twp , pa
    Thats what i figured but wasnt sure if there were stipulations due to being paid schooling like some companys have were you make 30*-35* cents a mile which ive been trying to avoid hence why i ended up here cause i saw there averages were 45+ in most cases on certain divisions

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Honestly, the way I see it is that trucking companies have a weekly amount in mind when hiring drivers. So, let's say for new guys that amount is $800. They will take the projected miles and work that into $800. So, if its a dedicated run at around 2000 miles a week, the pay will approach .40 with stop pay or some such. If its OTR with 2500 miles, the rate will drop to .33 or there abouts.
    That's what I think anyway.

SingingWolf and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  6. Slumwolf13

Oct 11, 2018
    Spring brook twp , pa
    No your good not raining on anything literaly just using em as my best option to get in and going . I wanna do flat bed work for a company out by me there the ones that pointed me to scheinder to get cdl and exp from after my yrs up im gonna move on . Also not looking to burn the world down my first yr as i think realistic unlike some that come in , as long as i make 35,40k my first yr then my bills will be paid and my family is taking care of and i survived that first yr . Been towing for over 7 yrs living off 28-30k a yr hence why im here now

91B20H8 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  7. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Then it sounds like you are being realistic, and you have a good plan. I think you're going to be okay.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  8. Slumwolf13

Oct 11, 2018
    Spring brook twp , pa
    Thank you for the reassurance !! Was hoping i was going in on this with a good mind state and expectations.

SingingWolf and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    As far as training co's go...I'll say sni is probably the most safety oriented in depth training co you'll find...basically information overload in terms of what they will teach you from the job aspects to co policies and such...they also don't have issues with you asking for more training time if you think you need it...

SingingWolf and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  10. Slumwolf13

Oct 11, 2018
    Spring brook twp , pa
    Thanks for the heads up id rather extensive training then half ### training . Plus was happy that there actually sending me to the school i was trying to get into privately

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    I was directly trained by Schneider, and though I honestly didn't take to driving like a duck to water, they laid the groundwork for me to be an excellent driver. 15 years later, I work for an elite company, and I've had zero tickets and accidents. Not too bad, Green Bay.

It's a real shame that they send drivers to outside academies now. Schneider's CDL training was excellent.

mickimause, SingingWolf and AM14 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.