Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    It's a significant difference. I get fewer guys who can't read road signs (won't read is a different story), pretrips and coupling aren't an issue anymore, and it's nice not having to try and introduce trip planning while running a load. I also have a lot more weeks off as the wash out rate is HUUUUUGGGGGGE!

We still have significant issues with guys being able to apply the skills in the real world. Some of it is lazyness, some is them trying to be deferential to the trainer, some of it is we still use 48 footers in GB - teaching about overhang is as fun as ever.

91B20H8 and AM14 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Sometimes its like some folks dont want it as bad as you or I.
    And it becomes frustrating because we don't understand why.

Man, that's a nice poem

Rock on Roger. Send my love to the folks in Green Bay

91B20H8, gentleroger and AM14 Thank this.
  4. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    hey at least they finally realized that the old way wasnt working. I walked in to work last week and found a passenger seat in my truck. One that was strategically removed a while ago. Looks like I'm training now. I start one next week... still havnt figured out where I'm gonna fit another human being along with all my gear yet. My company recently dropped their 2 year exp. requirement, and good lord does it show.

And speaking of road signs, my Schneider TE made me call out every sign, mile marker, and billboard for the first hour that I was riding shotgun. #### near lost my voice, but I still thank him in my head for it. I'm sure you do something similiar.

scythe08 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  5. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Do we have to drop our empty on our return to work assignment

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    all depends on if they need it or not.

7. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How would we know. They don't tell you if they do or not

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    if they don't tell you, they don't need it. Are you familiar with the KISS philosophy?

DAX_ Thanks this.
  9. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes. Chances are that in the 34 + hours you are off, someone will need that trailer. Chances are also good that by the time you come back there will an empty at your park location. There are few things more annoying than being in Clarksville, TN and finding 3 guys hooked to empty trailers, forcing me into a trailer search at the end of my day.

I also find that if I stay hooked to my empty I end up picking up a relay, so I haven't save myself time in the end.

I also get annoyed at the schmucks who park in transient for home time, which force me to drop the load I have or walk a great distance. Either makes me cranky.

DAX_ Thanks this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Roger, if your empty yard is in Clarksville, there's a better than average chance that you were my trainer 7 years ago.

11. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    Nope, its just every time I drop a relay in clarksville there are guys on hometime hooked to empties. Its usualy at the end of a frustrating day, and the box planner sends me to walmart first, who have palletts in all the "empty" trailers.

I could have used Woodhaven as well or any other tah location

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.