Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    wow, 994's kept forever and I recall the first 13xxxx's about 8-9 yrs ago.

we are having issue getting our trailer orders delivered in total. tractors too....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    highway to success still issued to new drivers?

4. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Yes, they're still issuing those. I've been here for 10 months now after going through a local cdl school and I'd absolutely recommend them to anyone just starting out. I really can't even complain too much about the money. I'm at .50/mi now with the quarterly safety/fuel mileage bonus included and that will go up another couple cents when I hit my 1-yr mark. My experience has been entirely on a dedicated account though and I'm fortunate to have a great DBL. OTR may be different. They have a lot of structure and support in place that's great for new drivers, but once I get a year or so experience I can see myself looking for some place with a little more autonomy.

Munch75, Opus and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  5. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    got my start there too.

6. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    My experience there (just past my 1 year with them) has been very little interference. I may just be a lucky one. I keep seeing all these reports of complaints about babysitting but I just haven't experienced it. I have all the autonomy I would want with the exception of fuel stops. Doesn't bother me. It's their dime not mine. I am also dedicated route too.
    I can confirm the DBL/DTL can make or break ones experience as ones own attitude. I was OTR and was like oil and water with the DBL team there. Swapped to dedicated (better part of a mega- you can change accounts and type of haul without quitting the company) and get a long great with this accounts DBLs and account manager so far. Actually saved me from shanghai-ing my driving career. I am thinking to going to a different company only due to home daily option but not running towards the door for it.
    Schneider exceeded my expectations for the better than that of the negative nancy's on this site set forth.

7. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    You're right, I wouldn't say they micromanage at all. I call my DBL far more often than the other way around. I really don't even mind the fuel solutions. As large as their fleet is, I know managing fuel costs can make a huge difference. Maybe autonomy wasn't the right word. The two specific things I had in mind are the lack of any Personal Conveyance, and not being allowed to do a split sleeper berth. The lack of PC isn't really that big of an issue right now on my dedicated account, since I'm home every other night. I'd care more if I were OTR. There have been a few times though when being able to do a split sleeper would have been very useful. Attitude is huge. Some people are just going to have a bad time wherever they go. It doesn't take much to set yourself apart from most other drivers. I feel sorry for my DBL having to put up with some of these drivers I've met out here.

Munch75 and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    They put a work assignment on me, I do it.
    When I'm done they put another on me.
    No big deal, no drama.
    I can go for weeks without talking to anyone.
    Works for me.

9. scot22

scot22 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2022
    Only if it was that simple. I'd say it would be half and half. I like to run and I get things done but when I completed one assignment I had to call to get another because there were no pre assignments on me. It was a lot of waiting around wasting my time and not getting paid. Maybe I was too efficient and they couldn't keep up. A lot of times, the loads were not right either, supposed to be drop and hook, turns out to be live and those drop and hooks can be as bad as those live loads waiting for the relay to arrive. But as far as autonomy, I had tons and that is ONE thing I liked about them. But, pay was low for regional at least, with only a penny raise after a year.

Having said all that, it's a good company who don't have experience but not for people who have them, which is why most put in their time and move on and that's what they count on to be able to keep the pay low.

4mer trucker and Opus Thank this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Dunno about your experience with Schneider, but perhaps you didn't stay current on your NAT/NAL?
    Jus sayin.....
    That said, I don't stay current at all. As a matter of fact, I rarely screw with it.
    So, it could be anything. Could be that your DBL was over his head, (that happened to me a long time ago.).

Munch75 Thanks this.
  11. Nachos89149

Nachos89149 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2022
    Anyone have any experience with the CEVA team dedicated account through schneider? A recruiter offered 60cpm as a team. Is it a ok account?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.