Schneider Choice load board for OO

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by REEFERman450, Jun 10, 2018.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Nope. Truck and trailer payments, insurance, base plates, prepass, tolls, satellite radio, eld, maintenance, fuel. That all equals $0.88 per mile. Then add in what I withhold for taxes and it goes to $1.20 per mile. Not sure why I was thinking $1.22 a mile. I account for everything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    You know I just realized, I don't pay for or have to worry about cargo insurance because I move freight under another companies numbers, I think that might be where the confusion lies when people mention being able to make a profit off of anything less that 1.50/mile. If you're full independent, no way, I've heard cargo insurance rates are as much as a whole trailer. A lease opp doesn't have to pay up for that.

4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    For the sake of argument , please go to Mercer or Landstar.

5. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    It's not that expensive if you've got a good record. But you do pay for it though. It's part of that huge 25-35% these companies keep. You don't get anything for free. When these companies tell you we don't charge for this or you get this for free, no you don't. They figured that in when they decided how much of a % to keep.

Let's take my numbers but throw out tax withholdings. It costs $0.88 per mile to run my truck. If I'm running for #1.50 a mile that leaves a profit of $0.62 a mile. Now to the company guy making $0.35 per mile that looks pretty good. Almost doubled the income. But not really. Now we have to pay taxes out of that money. My tax liability averages about $0.15 per mile. So now I'm at $0.47 a mile. Now part of this should be left in the business account so technically I wouldn't even get all $0.47 a mile.

If a guy had no truck payment and is debt free at home then this wouldn't be that bad.

I'm not talking about any company in particular either.

$1 a mile at 3k miles or 10k miles doesn't matter. No one is making money at that.

6. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    C'mon, we're truck drivers and arguing is what we do.

7. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    [​IMG]

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    By sni policy..no you can't..do driver use them anyway?..yes..but again by co policy..no

RStewart Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.