Schneider Choice Program

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Desperado, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Misterpreston

Misterpreston Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2016
    shot I wish I could get 3700. They had me take a 34 is 24 hrs on my clock and I was at 2800 miles it's ridiculous how much I just sit. if I'm going to sit I can sit at home. I've stayed out for a month at a time and it's not working out. I wish it would lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I'm confused... it was just $1.04 and FSC, now you say it's $1.30 and FSC.

Dart is cheap, it's always been around $1 + FSC for their mileage contracts as far as I know.

4. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
    well how it works is the factor in what you back with your fuel discount and also I got a 5000 sign on bonus the factored into my per mile average

5. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
    I should of explained that.

6. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
    With Schneider do they give health benefits to the o/o

7. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    In your contract what does the pay per mile say?
    $1.04 plus FSC right?

8. Misterpreston

Mar 24, 2016
  9. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Okay thats all i wanted to know.
    Theres sign on bonuses and fuel discounts most everywhere.

10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Misterpreston Thanks this.
  11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    You start adding a lot of deadheads, and remember all miles count, also add in the cheap loads hauled to get to a good load, and the .40 difference can be made up in a hurry.

I calculate every load from where I am sitting to where I end up. If a load pays $500.00 for 200 Schneider miles, but the actual miles are 250, you just went from $2.50 per mile to $2.00 per mile. If you are 75 miles away from the load, you are now at $1.54 per mile.

The truck cost something to go every mile, so I count revenue for every mile traveled. If a person is pulling on average $1.60 per Schneider mile freight, and add in deadhead mileage, you could be at $1.30-$1.40 per mile in a hurry. Add in some $1.00 per mile loads to get to a good load, and you're now close to $1.25 or less.

If you are paying a lot of extras like plates, cargo ins, IFTA fuel taxes, don't have a good fuel program, while the mileage company pays all these, plus pays the same for deadhead as loaded, the lower paying mileage carrier can actually pay more in the long run.

On percentage, you have to really watch deadhead and those lower paying fill in loads or you will bankrupt yourself. That's where so many fail. They don't count ALL their miles in their calculations. There are only so many good paying loads at any company, so someone has to haul those cheap loads. Then, there's always the times you end up in a dead hole and have to D/H out or haul cheap, bringing that average per mile down.

I'm just pointing our how a lower paying mileage carrier can be a better deal, if they pay enough of the back door stuff, especially if they have lots of good long haul freight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.