Schneider Choice Program

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Desperado, Nov 27, 2008.

1. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    There's some things only experience can teach. It doesn't matter how often or how well you say it, those new (< 10 yrs) in the industry just aren't going to get until they've lived it.

duddie and stranger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Very well said @stranger very well said

4. Gun Runner

Gun Runner Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Montreal, QC
    They are opening the choice program on the Canadian division. I think I may be looking into it.

5. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    This is where you lose the debate. There are no decent paying mileage programs.

.90 mileage rate is 90's pay, and that's what JCT pays in 2016. I got .79 with prime back then lol.

Although you are absolutely correct in your analysis, and unless I'm mistaken, no such program exists, therefore you have no argument. It's like debating a good efficient triuck that gets 15 mpg will out preform today's trucks. Well, yeah if it existed.

Deadhead and cheap freight has and will always be in the trucking industry. Trying to avoid both of these obstacles is the task at hand for all of us, and there is your reason none of those mileage companies exist. You can't possibly expect them to cover all costs and pay their own employees to do your administrative work, a and pay a o/o $1.50 by the hub for all miles. I mean, who I their right mind would turn that down?

While we can debate the pros and cons of mileage/percentage I feel this is the best program available. I have netted more money than I thought possible last week. And I've got $4k booked from today till Thursday 8 am. Looks like I may be able to gross $7-8k again.

Schneider and the rest of the megas do take a chunk out, and while I'm not a proponent for big business, can you blame them? They are to a business trying maximize profits just as you do for your business.

The real culprits here are the immigrants. Legal or illegal, it doesn't matter, they have ruined blue collar jobs, and have drove down wages and in our case freight. I've seen enough of the track suits as I can stand.

6. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I still stand behind the statement that a decent mileage rate can be better than percentage, especially when rates are low. Just because the megas don't pay a decent rate, nor cover a lot of expenses that a smaller outfit may, doesn't mean there are no mileage rates that out pay a percentage. It all depends upon what the gross rate the percentage is taken from.

Take a company that double or triple brokers their own freight. That net may be 75 cpm, all miles considered, while a mileage rate that pays the same for DH and loaded, and covers tags, IFTA, and fuel taxes, will end up at the end of the year leaving more money in your pocket.

I never named any company that paid all that. I just made the relation that what you keep vs expenses and miles ran at the end of the year is what counts.

7. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015

Why are you debating your views again? I said I totally agree with you, it just doesn't exist.

Schneider can quadruple broker their freight for all I care, as long as I have the weeks I'm netting.

8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Yeah I'm still waiting on this supposed "decent mileage rate carrier"....
    If he can't name one well maybe you should sell that 15mpg truck to him lol.

9. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    All I'll say is I've participated in both compensation programs, and to me it's not even close. Percentage blows mileage out of the water. I'm averaging 1.60 all miles, and I'm still trying to figure this all out. And that's home weekends. I don't know of a mileage company that can match that.

10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Nice job!

Scott72 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.