Schneider Choice Tanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by logans, May 17, 2017.

1. logans

logans Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Cookeville tn
    I'm looking for current info. I have talked to Susan till she is sick of me calling and got all apps and snfi apps filled out. She tells me once everything is ran they can give me real world numbers and maybe a peak at the board so I can make an informed bussiness plan. I'm currently a glasshole with Maverick and do very well here, but I'm gone from home a month to 2 at a time and feel if I'm going to continue this I would do a lease and be working toward a goal of ownership. I live in Cookeville Tn so I was thinking I would be close to 2 major hubs. Thanks for any info in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    did they tell you if its % or cpm?

4. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    its % now, the drivers did better when it was per mile I've heard. Still not a bad program from the drivers Ivtalk to aslong as you choose wisely

5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I'm certainly not going to completely bash schneider, but as a tanker O/O I would sell my truck before I ever signed on with schneider to pull tanks. You'd bee better off pulling van's.

slim shady and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    I'd love to get a peak at their Northeast loadboard just to see what the rates are for running up here.

@logans you'll want to know what % of linehaul and fsc they pay as well as any accessories. With superior I get 62% of linehaul, 100% of fsc (14.5% of linehaul right now), 62% of demurge* (depends on contract rate but I usually see $60-75 per hour), 100% of: pump/compressor, Sunday/holiday delivery, and intransit heat. So when "Susan" wants to talk real numbers with you, make sure you ask about those things because you'll be doing all of them at Schneider Bulk.

*I only get demurge if Superior bills the customer and is paid*

7. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Haha, from what I've heard lately.. very true lol

8. logans

logans Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Cookeville tn
    They pay a flat rate revenue she said. What you see on the board is everything all in to the truck. No extras. Thats wjy I'm curious to see board

9. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    My understanding is they do not pay any accessorial charges. They don't charge the customer for pump/compressor usage. That right there was a deal killer for me. I don't know what the % is, but they were paying $1.15 mile + fsc.
    They are the cheapest tanker outfit in the business. They make QC look like a good deal. :D

10. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    In that case wait until you see the loadboard before you make any decisions and keep in mind if you lease a schneider truck thats an extra $$$ taken out weekly from your gross. I'm willing to bet if you ran the numbers and compared to what @19d is earning you'll see its probably better to be company.

11. LTSJeff

LTSJeff Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Can you go into a few more details on a deal like this? i.e. are you responsible for getting the tank cleaned or can you just drop it at a facility (If you take it to get cleaned I assume there is an Hourly attached). Is the load insurance carried by Superior or is it your own? Im just starting to look into the specifics and would like to know more about typical deals and lets say "standard" operating agreements.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.