Schneider for new driver

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JH001, Jun 22, 2018.

1. JH001

JH001 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    I'm looking at a job with Schneider, dedicated Cabela's route. Offering .36/ mile, 5th percentile W-2 is $37k. Weekly home time but I only need to be home every other week. I'm looking for a job where I'm going to see the country.

There isn't much on here, good or bad, about them. I graduated from truck school 15 months ago with no driving since. Training would be a 3 day refresher then otr with a trainer.

I know you work hard you're likely to succeed anywhere- so those comments aside, anybody have any input?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: Thought of something else
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location and do you have any endorsements.

4. JH001

JH001 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Tanker endorsement and a passport. Western Md, 2 hours from the Cabelas DC in Wheeling WV.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    $37K isn't enough money. There's a few companies that hire new cdl grads where you can make $55K - $65K your first year. Let me dig through my notes and see what I can find.
    Schneider Bulk is good with fat paychecks. Some of those drivers make $1500 weekly right out of cdl school.
    [​IMG]

DTP Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you want to see the country, look at these that might hire you and give you a refresher. These do west coast runs.
    Calex Logistics
    Magnum Ltd.
    Abilene Motor Express
    Freymiller
    Super Service
    Transport America
    These companies hire drivers that have been off the road a long time. Abilene hired a driver that had been off the road 20 years.

7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I'm hoping that is bottem 5th percentile. If its top, my response is "awwwww heeeeeellllllllllllll naw".

Even so living 2 hours away from the dc is a litttle far. You'll have plenty of nights at the dc where there is just enough time to try and run home. If you do you'll be exhausted the next day, if you don't you'll be pissy and or depressed.

I also wouldn't run sni van out of ypur area, tanks would be better.

Opus and driverdriver Thank this.
  8. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    No to the dedicated. Schneider is a good company to start with but you can do better than that dedicated they're offering. Besides first year out you really should do otr. Learn what its about. See the world. Buy a gel seat cushion.

9. JH001

JH001 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    There are Cabelas stores all over the US and Canada. Schneider pays more for OTR but it’s just eastern 37.

10. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    A lot of companies have divided at the Rockies. Its better business to move freight by train.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.