Schneider Intermodal local, what's it paying?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Sherrongladney, May 5, 2019.

1. Sherrongladney

Sherrongladney Bobtail Member

May 2, 2019
    Had you heard anything about Gully Transportation?

I was offered $17 hr ot after 50 hrs. $3000 sign on bonus free medical for employees and family paid by company. It's a local gig drop and hook in the city. Monday through Friday and option to work weekends.. or

Schneider Tuesday through Saturday start at 0700 tuition reimbursement $7000 salary is .30 cpm $26 per load $51 hazmat load performance pay starting at $2.00 up to $6.00 per quarter.. I spoke with the dm I was told 95% Intermodal employees $1200 a week.
    I don't want to quit another job I'm trying to stay at the next company for at least a year or two but I don't want to make the wrong decision from being lied to like I have in the past.

What was the minimum and the maximum amount you made in a week while working at Schneider if you can remember?

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RookieJ1987

RookieJ1987 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I was running out of the South Philly worked nights M-F start time 1800 grossed between $1000 to $1100 wkly.

4. Sherrongladney

May 2, 2019
    How was it working at Schneider and why did you leave them?
    Well it sounds to me hourly pay is the best option for me.
    I will keep Schneider as a back up job just in case I don't find a job soon... My orientation isn't until 27th of this month...

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  5. RookieJ1987

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX

6. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    When I worked at the pumpkin patch, the rail can guys seemed happy enough.

Personally, no one could pay me enough to deal with that #### every day, I'd off someone or myself. As someone pointed out, JB probably pays more, but most of those guys that I met hated their life.

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  7. Sherrongladney

May 2, 2019
    Okay thanks for info.. so I ended up giving Hogan transport a shot it's a hourly pay with overtime I go to orientation on May 22 wish me luck because I am tired of job hoping lol.

Lumper Humper Thanks this.
  8. Sherrongladney

May 2, 2019
    Yeah I will go to Schneider if Hogan doesn't work out for me..I need hourly pay because I have to work local.. I think it's a better option for me at the moment with the little experience I have.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  9. RookieJ1987

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Trust me I cant blame them for being unhappy. Been doing Intermodal for 4 years off and on. It can either make you or break you. Back when I started runnin the rails the money used to outweigh the BS now I don't think I can the same anymore. Im lookin for a way out and not ever come back again.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  10. Sherrongladney

May 2, 2019
    Wow.. sorry to hear that.. what do you not like about Intermodal? How is your pay is it worth doing? how many hours you work weekly?

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  11. Purplepete90

Purplepete90 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Savannah,Ga
    Pumkin pays more than JB Hunt in my area Savannah, Ga. Pay was good until Jan of this year when CSX closed a few rail lines going north. We lost most of our customer's and went from 20 to 6 drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.