schneider is the worst.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tmr33, May 27, 2009.

1. roadhammerrookie

roadhammerrookie Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2010
    MO
    I'm runnin on the super regional. I Figured that would be a little better than the otr but it's a difference of two days. It's supposed to be all of the states between the rockies and the appalachains. I figured that it would just as good as running all 48. I really don't have a problem with bein out for two weeks it doesn't bother me that much. It's the miles. I figure I have plenty of time to get decent mileage for those two weeks but it doesn't seem like it. I figured up the past two weeks from 12/9-12/23 was around 2800 miles. I'll deal with bein away from my family that comes with truckin and I guess I really don't have too many complaints with SNI. I'm just not pleased with my pay. When I posted my last message I was a little ticked because I guess the planners didn't communicate with the shippers very well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. twolane

twolane Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Arizona
    FDR and all, for what it's worth I decided to run my own authority. That's why I'm not still with them. Running your own show is tough. I've had enough of driving the truck, booking loads, billing customers, sweating the money, paying the fuel bills, licence, insurance, etc,,,all at the same time! That's why I'm trying to RE-LEASE with SNI.
    IMO If you can't make it with SNI as a company driver you oughta re-think your choice of jobs. Something is bad-wrong if you are not getting any miles! SNI ain't gonna let that truck just sit around not making them any money. They will get someone else to drive it. There's got to be more to the story.

edit...Some of..You guys for some reason seem think someone owes you something.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
    drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  4. roadhammerrookie

roadhammerrookie Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2010
    MO
    I'm not settin around, it's been short Sh## miles. I guess I'll just ride this crap and see what happens.

5. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    SNI has integrity. "Never believe a recruiter" still applies, but I have never had a problem getting time off or getting paid properly. The company is sincere about logging legal and being safe. Most issues people will have with SNI are universal with other OTR trucking companies. When you're new, it's hard to see that. I still get frustrated myself with the way trucking works in general, but I am convinced SNI was the best option available for me when I signed on in a few years back.

6. Grandiego

Nov 2, 2007
    Miles will vary with SNI. Driving is not like a regular job with a regular paycheck (there are exceptions). Keep 6 months savings so you never have to worry about irregular (low miles) weeks. The miles you get are largely out of your control. 24hrs down and you get layover pay though. For short loads, you'll be paid extra. Your miles will improve over time...but I think you are correct about SNI having less miles than most would anticipate.

I had 2 drug tests my first year too. You get paid (very little) for the second...

Send a MAC29 ASAP to avoid a service failure. I once had a DBL tell me I could make a load after I already explained that I couldn't. He wasn't listening to me so I sent a MAC29, and then I was covered. SNI is great that way. They would rather you be late than be in a hurry (unsafe). A MAC29 is your best friend. (I've had several other DBLs and they all have been good)

7. Grandiego

Nov 2, 2007
    You should be able to survive on 2000/wk. Fortunately miles fluctuate and you'll have better weeks to offset it. When you are on the road, emotions understandably run high, but the sooner you learn to accept things which are out of your control (breakdowns, pms, miles) the happier you'll be.

8. love2drive

love2drive Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2007
    washington
    ok...... here is a little hot and skinny about the orange fleet. all pre-egr trucks are going to the east coast and midwest where they are safe from california's bulls$#t. once they get there, inframes will be done. do if you are out east and get a truck with over 800k on it....find out if a inframe has been done on it or not before knocking it.
    yes, 2000 miles/week sucks. but at least it is miles. last year when the loads where really hard to find, i was averaging 1600-1800 with 24 waits. this year, no waits unless i had to baby sit a load. i am doing about 2200 miles/week. sometimes 3000 with the right delivery dates and loads. you are not going to get rich driving truck. that much is for a fact unless you own your truck, running with your wife team and have no house payment. then you will get rich. otherwise..forget it.
    now the hometime issue is where i have a problem with, then again my dbl f#$k me good on this one. he changed out my time at home with out telling me causing my wife to get more mader then a trucker having through iron to drive 20 miles with out snow, that is made. your dbl is god. if you have a good one, life is grand. bad one, you really can't run him over, unless if you are chaney.:)
    sni is bad overall. the way i look at it, if sni does not get you a load in 24 hours, just ask around the truck stop and find out how long the other drivers have been waiting.

9. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Tucson Arizona
    I like the idea of haveing at least 6 months worth of pay in my checking acount!. It sure comes in handy on those layovers!

10. Desert Dog

Desert Dog Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Thanks for all the interesting opinions on Schneider. Being a student in school and trying to find a company to start a new career with can be a daunting task.
    I have been doing a lot of reading and talking with drivers when I get a chance.

My age dictates that I make a educated decision but like everything in life it's a gamble.
    Kinda like like joining the military.
    I joined the Air Force ( after quick stops in the other branch offices) and was glad I made the choice to go with the Air Force.

As a newbie in this career my choices are limited and dues have to be paid before I can advance.

With that in mind I have been strongly leaning towards Stevens.
    For some reason I am interested in hauling TCU.

I have spoken with a Schneider driver who has been with them for 15 years.
    He was friendly and answered all my questions with candor and honesty.
    He did not paint a rosey picture but told me the facts.
    He was very satisfied with his choice and I thanked him for his time.

I know Schneider does not recruit from my school but they did accept my application.
    I'm not sure what their training is like for recent graduates, but I am currently talking with a recruiter.
    I know recruiters have a job to do just like us all, so I take everything with a grain of salt.

I would like to hear from some Schneider drivers who are driving for them for at least six months.
    Especially on the dedicated or regional side.

That is something that I would consider if the availability was to present it self.

My main concern coming out of school is to go with a company that believes safety is paramount and will stand behind that core believe with it's drivers.
    And to instill professionalism and training to it's trainee's.

Safety and Training will determine my final choice when it comes to a driving career.

Any inputs from Schneider drivers are welcome.

Thanks!!

11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    The problem is that I was told by the ops mgr at the OC that I work, 2600/wk is not a problem. Well, it has now been 3 months, told this again, and still seeing 2000/wk. I do have obligations like others have.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.