Schneider lied ? Jet set 3 weeks ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SAPPHIREGIRL101, Dec 28, 2017.

1. SAPPHIREGIRL101

SAPPHIREGIRL101 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2017

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SAPPHIREGIRL101

Dec 28, 2017
    Well, if a person thinks, they realize and wonder if they've misrepresented this then what else are they misrepresenting. Oh...I've said that before already, but you seem to forget and then come back with a power play "put your big girl pants on". Nobody said they weren't already on -- there's nothing wrong, though, with using your brain and critical thinking skills at the same time.
    And, if you read everything else I said, with home time not being a guarantee plus not gaining any extra time off for months spent out, it's not worth the sacrifice and also not worth the sacrifice of not having your own truck assigned to you.

4. SAPPHIREGIRL101

Dec 28, 2017
    I know lying is common out here. It's why I'm being cautious before going with any company. I've seen people go with companies to then find out it's not what it was represented. I've heard about women getting with the wrong carrier being raped and then blamed by the company -- also the women who were raped wherever they were while driving and nobody caring. The past criminals who too freely are allowed to drive trucks. So, I know and come into this with my eyes wide open...
    I see the way two men responded to this post and I can only wonder if you are the types of men who don't want to see women here. I used to work construction so I know the things to look for in responses that indicate this being a possibility.
    Since, I've mentioned the above in a response to any women check out REAL women in trucking - home
    There is a wealth of information here.

The person I replied to directly: I'm not saying you are one of those men.

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  5. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    What is the "jetset solo opportunity"? What is it you're looking for out of a trucking company?

6. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    A power play, LOL! Would it have been better if I said, "Put your big BOY britches on"?

And the misrepresentation, I would say they were pretty honest in the scheme of things. This industry is fluid, always in motion. This is not a 9 to 5 racket where everything just works or goes the way we want. I should be home right now, but am waiting for the trailer shop to open their gate so I can drop off my trailer for repairs. The forklift driver at GM did not care much for my wants and or needs when he tore the hole in my trailer. Typical week for me, and most of us out here, it is always something.

Home time? Not to be a smart ***, if you want home time and time off, buy a truck.

Happy Motoring! ;-)

Maj. Jackhole Thanks this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Like somebody said, you seem to be having a great difficulty with this adjustment.
    You spoke, and are dealing with a recruiter at a trucking company, as brand new driver.
    Guess what? They are going to stretch the blanket some.
    They all do.
    If this troubles you so, you are REALLY gonna be unhappy out here, cause for the first year, you are dog meat.

If you can't let stuff role off of you, you'll never make it. You'll just go around pissed off all the time.

Of all the companies that will take someone green, Schneider is probably your best choice.

Have you ever considered a career in criminal justice?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.