Schneider local tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Tanker312, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Tanker312

Tanker312 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Anyone know what these guys make? Daily rates? How much they average a week gross?

Im otr looking to switch over.

Njhandofdoom Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AbbandonZK

AbbandonZK Light Load Member

May 6, 2013
    Guys in New Jersey are making millage. One guy I spoke with was making 400-700 gross.

Njhandofdoom, Tanker312 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  4. Tanker312

Tanker312 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Thanks. Now i know why they are hurting for drivers in keasby.

Njhandofdoom Thanks this.
  5. AbbandonZK

AbbandonZK Light Load Member

May 6, 2013
    Its also why they are running that mobile fleet driver position ads in New Mexico and Arizona. They flew us in and paid us .42 CPM and expected us to run the east coast. I did 6 driver unloads in six months of driving for them and never left the truck they assigned me.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Njhandofdoom, crazeydude and Tanker312 Thank this.
  6. Njhandofdoom

Njhandofdoom Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2017

7. Njhandofdoom

Njhandofdoom Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I have been looking about schneider tanker pay from keasby, nj. Is this for real 400$ to $700 gross? Is this part time? New cdl lic here looking for a job in nj that I can get experience and also afford. I was looking to do regional tanker out of keasby nj but that is crazy. How can I not be home all week and sleep and eat and live in a truck and be expected to get paid that? Please help with any info, greatly appreciated!

8. NewHaul2018

NewHaul2018 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2018
    Not sure if this will help but I spoke with a Schneider recruiter today and got the following info:

(Note this is for a new OTR tanker driver position with zero previous experience, in Michigan and is only current as of today 09/21/2018)

Pay per mile:
    0-3 months = .40/mile
    3-6 months = .42/mile
    6-12 months = .46/mile
    >12 months = .47/mile

Performance pay:
    Based on a point system, awarded quarterly, but divided up and paid weekly

Point criteria
    1 point for starting your shift on time
    2 points for milage (not sure if this is fuel economy or miles per week/day)
    2 points for fueling when and where they tell you.

3 points = .02/mile
    4 points = .03/mile
    5 points = .04/mile

Accessorial Pay
    Driver Load = $25.00
    Driver Unload = $35.00

Detention pay:
    First 2 hours = $0
    Every 15min thereafter = $3.75

They won’t reimburse your CDL traning if you graduated more than one year from your hire date.

They will pay for a 3 day refresher class if you haven’t driven in the past 6 months, but they won’t pay you to attend.

They’ll put you up in a hotel for your 17 day training class/orientation, but with a room mate. If you want your own room it’s $63/night.

They have other benefits, 401k, medical, dental etc. but the offer seemed pretty un-attractive at that point and I didn’t bother asking questions, as I was pretty turned off.

Does anyone know of other tanker carriers that hire with zero experience? Running tankers seems fun but Schneider, in my opinion, is a little strange with the change.

Good luck out there!

9. Haulin Gass

Haulin Gass Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2018
    listening with interest

10. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Just got off the phone with them. They want me to start next week as a fresh grad. They told me tanker starts at .44 a mile and increases to .50 over the year. I applied for the houston area.

Superior Carriers hires fresh cdl grads and they have a pretty solid rep on here. But not sure if they are in your area.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Njhandofdoom and NewHaul2018 Thank this.
  11. randypinenc

randypinenc Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2018
    There are plenty of others out there. Just got to look around. If that is all they are paying, you won't be happy, and it will not be fair to your family.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.