Schneider LTL

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Blue Meanie, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Hey drivers;
    Does anybody have any information regarding the Schneider LTL accounts?
    There is a regional, e commerce, LTL account that I am interested in but the recruiter has almost no information; just basic mileage pay and not much else.
    Any information/ feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    My understanding is that some of the ltl stuff is old Watkins Shepherd. I know in Myrtle MS there is a terminal with openings just as you've described apparently hauling furniture and carpet on multi stop runs. I talked to a WS guy on the MEM yard maybe 8-9 months ago briefly about it. He suggested lots of mom/pop store stops with the associated possibly challenging backing. Also, you get to tailgate the load. I've visited the Myrtle yard just out of curiosity. Nothing remarkable, just a warehouse full of big boxes. Staff suggested teams might go to the far west from there at times.

4. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I ran LtL with Watkins but I left in 2017. Furniture is where the money is, don’t worry about mileage worry about stops. That’s how u make ur money. Carpet doesn’t pay as much as furniture. But it’s all mom and pop stores 6-20 stops a load. I have been thinking about going back but heard Schneider turned the idle off on the trucks and not sure how I feel about that lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.