Schneider National Dedicated?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Rocknroller4, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Has anyone done this account/position? Says "up to 80,000" a year but I know that's only if you stay on for a couple years and not right off the bat. I called SNI and they told me it's basically helping out all dedicated accounts nationwide so you might go to Illinois for one account than another in Arkansas, etc. Anybody doing this at SNI able to offer some insight?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mattymatt

mattymatt Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Is it part of the Jet Set program?

4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    yes

5. mattymatt

Jun 24, 2014
    The Jet Set program is some really good money. It's better than the regular van division. Where do you go for orientation? I'm headed to Carlisle, PA tomorrow for orientation and I'll be on the International Paper account.

6. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    When I drove for Schneider, I went to Charlotte

7. mattymatt

Jun 24, 2014
    I went there for refresher training because I'd been out of a truck for a few years. Hoping Big Orange will be an okay place to work. So far it's been a rough start.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  8. bigkev1115

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    It ll get better. Just hang in there. It takes a little while to work out the rough start

mattymatt Thanks this.
  9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    guy I saw on this position helped out the jcp account when I ran that account. He was in his own truck......

mattymatt Thanks this.
  10. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
  11. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Jet Set... SNI flies you out to wherever they need help. SNI National Dedicated, you have your own assigned truck and are dispatched to wherever thy need help on dedicated accounts. I called once about the National Dedicated.... I was told flat out, mostly Dollar Store accounts too start.

I have learned, that SNI, like many big carriers, are similar to Professional Baseball ( as an example/anology )
    They will start you in "A" ball.... carrying your own luggage, ride a cramped bus to games, share hotel rooms, crappy pay, excetra..... MOST drivers, like promising ball players quit and never get to AA Ball, let alone Triple A Ball or the BIGS... the thing is: how much do you want it.?

SNI, like many other Big Carriers.... will give you a chance, it's up to you to put up with the crappy stuff that comes your way. Recruiters...are similar to Baseball scouts..... sign them all, and time will separate the wheat from the chaff.
    What I have witnessed, so many new CDL holders think they are worth far more than they actually are....yet can't back a trailer into a hole...lol ( like a ball player who can't hit a hanging curve ball ):mad:
    Drivers...just because you got a CDL from a training school doesn't make you worth the "Big Money", nor will you be asked to pinch hit in the world series..... earn your dues.... and that takes time.
    Most...wash out. They quit when it gets tough. Either you are worth the money...or you are not. If you can't back down a dark alley in Philly, can't make your appointments, wanna be home more than be on the road, AFRAID to cross the GWB..... you will not be promoted to AA or Triple A! , Let alone the Big Leagues. Do you know how often a low level ballplayer is actually home? Do you know how many Professional Big League player spent in the minors...grinding it out?
    I drove from 1988 to 2007- came back 20 months ago, and started in A ball...now, I'm a valued commodity again.
    Did my current carrier start me off with Great loads...no, I was tested. I got every tarp load they musta had! Betcha you thought I was with SNI!!! lol

Anyway... a long winded analogy..... Trucking is NOT a get rich quick scheme....and you are not worth much as a new recruit with a CDL.... CDL's are a dime a dozen. YOU are mere meat, until you prove yourself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.