Schneider newbies= lack of training

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Worried Mom, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Bilbirk

Bilbirk Bobtail Member

May 1, 2013
    Missouri
    The only drama I see going on is people like you that can't handle being away from Mommy.

First off let me say that the ONLY way you get the over speed messages is because you have to have your foot mashing the pedal above 60. They told you that in orientation. So if you were getting that from your DBL then something is wrong with your driving habits. What is wrong with hauling water or pallets? It's freight! What did you think? That you would get to pick something that is light and a lot of miles? You have to earn your way up the ladder. You also have to establish a good relationship with your DBL. He/she can make life really easy or VERY difficult.

If you are having difficulty with home time it may be because of WHERE YOU LIVE. Did you give that ANY consideration? I live close to three major interstates and NEVER had an issue with getting time off when I chose to be home. Another reason for not getting home is going home too much. 1 day for every six sounds about the norm these days. I stay out a month at a time so I don't have issues.

Weather issues is like having a free pass on when to get a load to the receiver. IF you call in and explain the situation they do not have a problem with parking the truck and riding the storm out. Been there done that.

I believe you are the Drama Queen wanting to cause trouble because you can't handle driving a truck. Go to another company and try them out. I can almost bet you won't last there either because of some issue.

HotH2o and moosc Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hi beam

hi beam Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Lets see, The trucks were shorter and only 8 ft wide but the first truck I drove had NO power steering, NO A/C,
    4/3 transmission, 2 stick, small addon sleeper that you crawled thru were the back window use to be....
    and we had no cell phones, no internet, no gps... Yep, it was a lot easier back then...

alds, skyviper73, bad-luck and 2 others Thank this.
  4. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I want whatever SNI Slave is smoking. Must be some good stuff. Granted I only worked for Schneider for 3 months I experienced none of what SNISlave wrote about. In fact it was the exact opposite. I established a good relationship with my DBL. I didn't need to talk to the load planner because after 2 weeks I proved that I'd keep the left door closed and get my load where it needed to be. I averaged 2900-3000k miles a week, got home when I wanted for as long as I wanted. Also, I drove with my foot mashed in the pedal and nobody ever said a word to me about it. If I remember correctly my overspeed was right at 20%!

I agree with the other driver. You're just looking to cause trouble because you can't handle the duties of driving long haul!

5. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Please don't go to prime.... they are worse

moosc Thanks this.
  6. reddove

reddove Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    Paper freight and chep pallets...There is nothing wrong with hauling those...I remember a few times When I got 800-1000 mile loads hauling only 5-10 pallets...The first time it happened I called Customer service to make sure it wasn't an error...it sure wasn't. If they want to waste fuel just to haul 5 empty pallets from Texas to Alabama I have no problem with it as long as I'm paid my miles. I lefted sni on good terms but they could be better if they didn't get micromanagey.

7. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    And to be fair, less DOT, no way to be tracked, paper logs and of course every driver helped each other. Or at least I hear that claim all the time. So in some ways, you had it easier.

8. hi beam

Aug 14, 2013
    You are correct on those points... But, we had no air-ride trucks, no air ride seats, no sliding 5th wheel, no sliding
    trailer axles, so if we were over-axle, we moved the freight in the box.. pay-phone stuck in our ears..
    NO jake brakes up here in the Northwest, what fun that was... Course we could fly up the grapevine at 9/10 mph
    and we could tell how fast the truck was moving by what part of the truck shook...
    I do recall Arizona time-stamping the log book.. Gotta say, your HOS rules are screwier than when I was trucking..

Of course trucks did improve before I retired from trucking.. Was mainly talking about the first truck I drove, which
    was a 57 KW.. Will never forget that truck, rarely broke down, but you could lockup that 2-stick tranny..
    First company I drove for didn't believe in buying new trucks, so left the refer freight and move on to open-deck
    freight..
    Retired from trucking in 1997 and never did get a cell-phone.. Bought my first computer after retiring...

9. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I don't put air in my seat and I have never slide a fifth wheel in my life. I would trade this trucking for old school trucking in a minute. Today we have idle sensors, cameras and a quallcomm that tracks how you drive. So you can keep the air bags on my truck. I want the freedom.

10. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I personally wouldn't last as a company driver...im not going to be hot or cold for anybody...I feel like let me do my job and u do yours in the office..these ppl have really lost thier way but the reasom they have this im going to slave workers mentality is we allow it....if every driver quit drive 4 a couple months and no freight is being moved then we will see how much we should be appreciated...we keep america moving...without us things would be a whole lot harder...Drivers need to do something we used to do back in the day...STAND TOGETHER AND PUT A STOP TO ALL THIS CRAZINESS..

11. hi beam

Aug 14, 2013
    Don't believe that the government or trucking companies would allow a strike of truckers today...

Last strike of truckers that had an effect was back in 1974, I think, and that was over lack of fuel.. We could only
    get 50 gals at a time, if we could get any at all... Fed up truckers decided to shut-down trucking by blocking
    the fuel pumps... Even back then, some trucks still ran, but enough of us had an effect, and suddenly, we
    had enough fuel to run... Never did believe in that so called shortage of oil.. Believe Carter was President.. Nixon
    put in the 55 MPH rule thou... if memory is correct...

I drove for Schenider, indirectly, I was leased to International Transport and Schneider bought them in the 80's..

When I leased on to IT, back in the 70's, we did have to paint our trucks company colors... I remember when
    IT bought out C and H trucking, rumors flew we were going to change our logo to either ITCH or ####, but we
    kept the IT logo... Sure was fun while it lasted...

When deregulation happened in trucking, freight rates took a dive, and later sold my truck in 1987, went back to driving
    for company, PST... PST was bought out by TRISM and I retired from TRISM in 1997.. Haven't set foot into a
    truck or truck stop since that time.. Maybe better that I don't and just keep my fond memories of my past
    trucking life... I think TRISM went bankrupt few years after I left..

Like someone once said, WOW, what a ride.......

ethos, your post brought back past memories, well taken.... but those air-ride trucks were pretty nice on
    the ole body parts... Do you really have a rear-facing camera??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.