Schneider or Millis Transfer???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jelvis, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Jelvis

Jelvis Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Ft.Worth,TX.
    I was wondering if someone could tell me the better company for a beginner...Millis Transfer or Schneider?
    I have my cdl,but have'nt drove in th last 4 yrs.So to go to Schneider all I need is a refresher course.To go to Millis,I will have to attend there cdl scholl for 3 weeks.I wanna get the best training I can since I have'nt drove in so many yrs.Also,I have kids,and want to go with the company that will get me the best home time,and get me home if I need to get there.
    I here good things about both companies,but not sure who will be the best in the long run.If somone could please help me out on this,I will greatly appreciate it.Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jb0305

jb0305 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    DeKalb, IL
    Millis... 3 weeks vacation your first year. Yeah the extra 3 weeks is a bummer but I went through it, was great, and now I'm out with a trainer OTR. they've surpassed every expectation I've had

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

4. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    Schneider is not a bad company but as far as starter com, I would have to say Millis is much better the training is second to none and starting pay is better

5. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Where do you live?

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Put your location on your profile.

Maverick also may hire you. They have a weekend home program.

I like Schneider because they have so many options such as tanker, dedicated, logistics. Best hometime and money is usually with a logistics or dedicated account. Ask Schneider about these.

slim shady Thanks this.
  7. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    have never heard much about mills, but Schneider has more options in the long run. But look at all the info you can get and decide off that. More home time might be Schneider

8. SpiritCDL

SpiritCDL Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Belvidere, IL
    Millis will not give you the training for free so be wary of that, also, if you're in classroom for one week and driving for two then it would be the equivalent of get a refresher course, (two weeks driving time). If Schneider will accept you with a refresher course, you can do two weeks for probably half the cost, (depending on where you go) and no commitment to stay.

9. Jelvis

Jelvis Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Ft.Worth,TX.
    Sorry I over looked putting extra info. on my bio.I am from Ft.Worth,Tx.

10. Jelvis

Jelvis Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Ft.Worth,TX.
    The cdl school I went to is gonna offer me a free 40 hr. refresher course.But since I have'nt drove in so long,I am still nervous that that may not be quiet enough time to refresh.But maybe once I get behind the wheel again,it will all come back.
    I was really considering Millis,but the 1 yr. contract is what I am ot sure about.The reason being...is because I am not sure exactly how good there company is.I wanna be sure that they are good enough to keep a driver happy enough to stay for a yr.I have kids and wanna get good home time.And if I ever need to get home for an emergency reason,will Millis get me there?SNI was offering me a regional positon 5-7 days out,and 34 hrs. home for reset. But,if Millis is much better that SNI,I am willing to go through there school and sign a contract if they would be better in the long run.
    Thanks for all of the replies!I really appreciate all the info.I need some help in making this decision!Thanks again!

11. Jelvis

Jelvis Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Ft.Worth,TX.
    That is what I was thinking.SNI is gonna hire me for the regional dry van position out of Dallas,TX. 5-7 days out and 34 hrs. home for reset.Not sure what Millis offers.Thanks for your reply!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.