Schneider Owner Operator

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by DomLee027, Nov 21, 2018.

1. UHarris3

UHarris3 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2018
    DFW Texas
    Cool, cool. I’ve spoken with several SNI IC’s. None of them gave me any hype stories. They all DID have the same refrain: learn the freight system/markets, put forth the consistent effort, and one should be able to do fine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drreid1958

drreid1958 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    Best wishes to you. There's a Schneider OO FB group you can join if you wish. I've learned a lot there.

4. UHarris3

UHarris3 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2018
    DFW Texas
    Appreciate it. I’ll definitely check it out. It’s been a long time since I’ve actually looked forward to joining a new outfit in the trucking game. Not completely sure why, though. It’s certainly not because the SNI Recruiter blew a ton of smoke up my tail. Only talked to’em once after I had already submitted my app. Seems like one should be able to fare well within their scheme. I suppose through grace, effort and time we’ll see.

5. nondriver1989

nondriver1989 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Every week that's deducted?

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Yep. Whether you run or not

7. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    So you get the same or better discount using NASTC? Why wouldn’t you use their card with that kind of discount? What am I missing?

8. drreid1958

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    1) The NASTC discount is usually more in most places. They don't post it as a discount though, they have a nice app that gives the actual purchase price and the true cost without state tax. Locations can be viewed on a map or a list.

2) All Petros and TAs are in the network...I prefer stopping at those. Better showers, better restaurants, stores, repair shops, parking lots...everything usually better than PFJs.

3) The network also includes a lot of AMBEST locations, turnpike Sunocos, Speedways, etc.

4) When using the EFS card, they track the time fuel is purchased and match with the time logged on duty. I don't like that.

5) it's mighty nice having both options. If there is no TA or Petro where I want to stop, I'll stop at a PFJ, and buy 50 gallons on the way in so I have a shower credit in the morning. Otherwise, I use the NASTC Fleetone card.

JOHNQPUBLIC and RoadCall Thank this.
  9. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Oh trust me I agree as far as Petro/TA. I can’t stand PFJ. How about Loves?

10. drreid1958

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    I haven't found any way to get a good price at Loves. Schneider EFS card gets 5 cents off cash price, same as at TA/Petro and a couple small chains. The NASTC card for TA/Petro etc with the Schneider EFS as backup for PFJ is the best one two bunch available from anyone anywhere that I can find, and I looked a lot.

RoadCall Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.