Schneider questions??

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Nuttinlikeanap, Mar 15, 2010.

1. claredog1

claredog1 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Goose Creek, sc
    I started with them and went to their school in 99 and started at.22 a mile. I saw on the news last week they were looking for some new drivers in the charleston, sc area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Most are straight tens, but there are a few automatics about.

4. bigcove

bigcove Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    For any newer drivers or those that know:

Does anyone know when Schneider sends out the official welcome letter with information about the hotel and items to bring?

I am to start in less than two weeks and have not received anything yet. The recruiter HAS told me I am good to go on May 22nd, but I have not seen anything official yet. Roehl had sent me one immediately once I accepted their start date. Of course I know different companies do things differently, but the anticipation is killing me.

Thanks for any responses.

5. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Call them and tell them you haven't received it yet. Did you give them an email address if so check there. That's where they sent mine.

6. bigcove

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have asked the recruiters. They told me it goes out the week before orientation. The problem is it is coming down to the wire for me and I am just anxious is all. I am sure in their admin's mind, everything is on schedule. I am the one wanting to get the ball rolling. I have never been a last minute person if I can help it. I am anxious to start working, and I am going stir crazy here at the house with little to do (well, I say with little to do. The wife has a different opinion:biggrin_25523:). If I don't have something before Friday, I will call and email. The recruiter has been great about emailing me back and I have bugged the dog boogers out of him on my questions. So it is time for me to just sit on my hands.

I was just hoping someone had a time frame on Welcome package to start of Orientation.

7. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    I was on a medical hold for me knee. I had to be cleared before getting my letter in email. I believe if I remember correctly I got it about a week before I was due to be at orientation which was March 28th. I know about being anxious and not wanting to wait till the last minute. Are you taking your personal vehicle to orientation?

8. bigcove

Mar 6, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yes. I have family in the Dallas area. It is about a nine hour drive for me. I will be heading out Thursday morning to spend the night with family then check into the hotel the next day.

9. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Good luck with everything. I'm sure everything will be fine and you will be out behind the wheel of the truck in no time.

10. foodmojo

foodmojo Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    chesapeake Virginia

ehem......excuse me but schneider Does'nt have a hard time holding on to drivers, he probably hung up on you because he knows you'll nickel and dime them and they have drivers trying to get in that know better. The Company has great benny's, Constant driver improvement coarses and for that matter their pay IS good compared to other companies, if you have a chance to get in to schneider you should take it.

11. KentSVT

KentSVT Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Dover, Oh
    Are their trucks still limited to 60 mph?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.