Schneider Regional Question

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Bones_379, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Knotme

Knotme Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Not at all, I would much rather be moving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. M915A4

M915A4 Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Somerset,MA
    hmmmm,well that makes my thought interesting on this..i was hoping with the short haul extra's and stuff like that it would make up for some shorter mileage...since Northeast is so short

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    The short haul pay can be lucrative - if the load doesn't screw your clock and the route is reasonable. I had a day just before Thanksgiving that I only drove 200 miles setting up relays - all quick drop and hooks - to go into Canada but ended up making $200 before taxes.

On the other hand I've been given 50 mile loads with 2 hour live load and unload times or an appointment time that left me sitting for a couple of hours. Or going from the SW side of Chicago to the NW - either chalk on 40 oor miles or slug your way through suburban traffic. On those loads you want to scream but that's part of driving.

5. M915A4

M915A4 Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Somerset,MA
    ehhh city driving...lol

right now at my work we have 2 units we service there trucks and i have to constantly drive from one side of Boston to the other ALLOT in military rigs..slow and people dont give an F up here..lol

6. atomic

atomic Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    11 Western? How much of that is up and down I-5?

7. Socalchuckster

Socalchuckster Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Fontana, CA
    Depending on the loads you can, at times, find yourself being on the I-5 about 80% of the time or more. Expect runs to Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah too though

8. Socalchuckster

Socalchuckster Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Fontana, CA
    Trust me, if all you do is short haul you will make more money. I am on a dedicated account where I pick up a local load and run it 180 miles north, meet up with another driver to swap trailers, and then drive back the 180 miles south to deliver the load. I make more money doing that then when I was out for 3-5 weeks at a time...and I'm home every night with weekends off.

9. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    TGFDA.......

10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Thank God For Dedicated Accounts.....it took a few minutes but I figured it out. Glad its working out for you LMB

shawbag Thanks this.
  11. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I've been told by my DBL that whenever you drop a relay, you do not receive short haul premium. The only time you receive short haul premium pay is when you actually deliver the load to the final customer. Any truth to this? I got screwed recently where I sat around, only got a 47 mile relay drop in a time span of 8 hours. I was told no short haul premium on that load. Kind of shady if you ask me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.