Schneider Requirements

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Syimr, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Syimr

Syimr Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2017
    I am an ex trucker that have been out of trucking for over 10 years. I am thinking of going back and have to go thru the whole process again. I have a question about schooling and would appreciate if someone can help me. I called Schneider and they told me that as long as i have a class A cdl, i can get in and they do not require that a student does 160 hr training. Is that true?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. POWolfTrans

POWolfTrans Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Probably is considering my former company gave me my test and never said a word about my driving again. Whether I messed up on the road or did an awesome job, not a single word was written or spoken about it. They dgaf. They just want you to be legal. Unless you crash, then it's the opposite. They want blood.

MarkH129 and Riprap Thank this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Usually Schneider requires a "refresher ", from 10-40 hours from what I hear.

You will have to go thru the inexperienced hire orientation. A lot has changed in the last 10 years and while you may think you remember what you're doing, chances are there are some salient details that have slipped your mind.

God luck

SingingWolf, TennMan and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  5. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Being out of trucking for 10 years you are going to find LOTS of changes. I just went thru experienced driver orientation. We had one guy in class that had been out about the same time frame. He really struggled through the material and at the end they recommended he go thru the 3 week class to get refreshed. I will tell you that you probably won't like the Freightliner automatics being an older driver. I have been driving the POS for the week. I have owned and driven 3 Volvo automatics and all I can say is Freightliner has a long way to go with their automatics.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  6. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Request a manual. That's all I have to say, if they want to force you into an automatic pick a different company. I tried one for a few months, never had so many problems.

7. georgehopkins3

georgehopkins3 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Im signed up to take there 3 day refresher and will have to do the 18 day orientation. I've been out two years.

8. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    I haven't had any issues in my auto. Well, no issues related to the transmission anyway. I like it.

SingingWolf and QuietStorm Thank this.
  9. luv2fly352

luv2fly352 Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017
    As an experienced driver regardless of not driving for over 10 years you'll have a 3 day orientation followed by an 18 day training period. I've been out of trucking over a dozen years and after the holidays i'll be taking the same course at their Atlanta facility. Hope this helps. Good luck!

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Not trying to get personal here but after 10/12 years, that is what you have to do? Drive truck again? Don't get me wrong, I have tried getting off the road but at 49 I would have to go back to school to make the kind of money I need. $15 per hour...lol I know, I know... I am asking for too much. Anyway, if there is anything you can do to make the money you need that does not require driving a rig, do it.... Best of luck to you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.