schneider/swift flatbed

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by north cakalacki, Sep 29, 2012.

1. north cakalacki

north cakalacki Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Louisville KY
    does anyone know any info on schneider or swift flatbed divisions. im bout to go to ct transport but just coming out of school i really need to keep on with manual im afraid if i get in an automatic i will lose any shifting skill i obtained and will be limited to a truck with an automatic. and i tried the other flatbed companies turned me down

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I worked at Schneider for 3 years. The only flatbed freight they have right now is in Birmingham and its dedicated. As a student, you won't be able to get on that account. I know nothing about Swift flatbed. I can help with any other questions about Schneider. BTW, my first trucking job was with CT in 1996. Can't believe they have automatics!!

4. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    I didn't think Schneider had a flatbed division anymore, and as for Swift the guy that loads me at one of the places I'm at a lot said he did a big triangle from Gary, In area to Laredo to the Carolinas all the time, and you hail the same #### everyday......

5. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Doesn't TMC hire newbies

6. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Schneider has a flatbed dedicated division. It is for Home Depot and they pull store freight to jobsites with a forktruck hanging off the back. I know they have them in Birmingham, Charlotte, and Bolingbrook, IL. They had one in Ohio but supposedly lost the account to JB ??

7. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Yes, TMC hires newbies, but I don't know if N. California is in their hiring area... but worth a call.

8. north cakalacki

north cakalacki Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Louisville KY
    tmc turned me down i tried
    not nor cal but north carolina

9. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Sorry, my slang is not very good. I thought Cakalacki was california LOL

10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    You might want to call Maverick, Boyd, or PGT trucking and see if they will take you. If van or reefer is your only option, try Epes.

KH

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  11. Mommas_money_maker

Mommas_money_maker Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    Kinghunter has some good choices and you might also want to check out System Transport. They are out of Spokane but hire newbies and have yards everywhere.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.