Schneider Tanker Owner Operator.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Wallacecardoso, May 11, 2018.

1. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    None of it is good anymore. I made more money driving LTL than this, but even since the pandemic I've been hemorrhaging money. I'm on my way to the Phoenix OC to dump the truck and get back into LTL. Leasing with Schneider and SFI was a mistake, but also my wife is pregnant with our first and I refuse to be an absentee father.

If you do choose to lease with Schneider, my best advice to you is to get a truck outside SFI. Truck payments will be much lower in you stand a better chance of making a consistent profit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sandwich

Sandwich Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Yeah, I watched a few guys on youtube and those lease payments seem insurmountable, they also want to charge the hell out of you to get out of one before the term is up from what I've seen. They cut you discounts for payment agreements, check out youtube for 'Other trucker James Best', he gave a brand new lease truck up in 2 or 3 months and goes through what they offered him, but he wasn't leaving Schneider all together.

If that is my route it will be purchasing instead of leasing, probably financing but staying within something I can pay cash or close to it if need be.

plynnjr92 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.