Schneider Trainers - questions...

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by MBAngel, Sep 23, 2018.

1. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    I'm about to graduate cdl school with the hubby. Our main goal for now is to be trained together, in the same truck. There have been too many deaths in our little circle of family and friends to be ok with being apart 6 to 8 weeks. We are doing this to team, not to be separated.
    We've got a couple of options for this - Covenant will train teams together in the same truck. I'm not 100% thrilled about them as a company, but I think they'd be a good starter company for us. The other option is a local LTL company that will allow us to train in separate trucks, but we'd be home daily until we are trained.
    The placement guy at our school has suggested that Schneider will also train a team together. Now, I've read some stuff about them, and I am feeling pretty good about the big orange, but I'd love to ask some questions of a trainer.
    First off, is it true? Will Schneider train a team together?
    How long is training? Is there a set number of hours, or is it just until the trainer feels good about the drivers?
    If the trainer ends up not being a good fit for us, is there a way to trade out trainers easily?

If you feel like messaging me privately that'd be awesome too.
    Thanks for your time guys!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MBAngel

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thank you bigkev :)

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  4. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
  5. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good luck, MB. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

MBAngel Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Yes, Schneider can put you both in the same truck. It would be something you need to talk about with your recruiter, then again with the RDSC about when you arrive at orientation on Tuesday.

That said I recomend separate training if possible. It's only 7 days apart and you both would get double the miles, double the backs, and have perspectives from two different TEs to meld together.

7. MBAngel

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    So training is only a week? Thank you for answering, it's really a huge help.

8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    road training is only a week. you have a week classroom on the front end and 3 or 4 days on the back end too for final qualifications testing.

mickimause, MBAngel and gentleroger Thank this.
  9. MBAngel

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    I've been thinking about this answer all week... Is one week enough to be a safe "driver" on the road, and not just a steering wheel holder? I am excited to get out on the road in our own truck, but we are just coming out of school, and I'd think a couple weeks, maybe a month would be more advantageous. It's coming into winter, and I know some of you are already driving in snow. It's 80 thousand pounds of deadly force in motion, and I'm not sure I want to be a statistic or one of your cool trucking accident stories.
    Opinions?

10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I think after 20 yrs i still learn something daily.
    I think the week of training is not enought for most people. 3 to 5 weeks would be the minimum i would train someone as thats how long i was trained.
    The biggest concern you should have daily is making sure everything you do is with safety 1st. Never move your truck without having walked around your truck and trailer. When backing get out and look. If you team, use your co driver as 2nd set of eyes everytime you back. Parking lots especially truck stops take it slow and watch your mirrors. And if ever in doubt, stop and het out and walk around and look.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.