Schneider Training - Carlisle, PA - Tips

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by IrishMike202, Nov 4, 2007.

1. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Cdl school going good.I've been there 6wks Doing all manuvers,Pre trip, air brake test.,went to park for shifting.I'm know out of the park and on the road.I was allowed to drive back from the park.That was great and It let me know I was going for road evaluations.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    what are you pulling?

GM? i heard that SNI lost the GM account here in Martinsburg

4. FFGomer

FFGomer Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Whiteford, MD
    I'm up here in Carlisle right now. You can commute back and forth however they will put you in the hotel no matter how far away you live; your choice. They do actually recommend that you stay in the hotel so you don't have to worry about getting there on time or anything else. We have a couple that live about as close as you and they are staying in the hotel and another guy who is commuting. If it was me, I'd just stay here. So far, all of the training has been great and I can't begin to say enough about how good the instructors are and how much they care about seeing that you succeed in this endeavor. Any questions, feel free to ask

5. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Going for my road test next week the 14th. Finding it difficult to get hired because of the school I'm going to. Its a 320 hr course(longer and better than most) but because were trained on PUPS (for city p& d Ltl's) companies don't seem to want to give me a shot. I'm told to get 3-5 mo otr and then apply. I will continue to look local and if not I will Go to MILLIS. I like them from the start.I will give pumpkin a call to see if hiring from my area now. Thanks

6. jamiedezz

jamiedezz Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2008
    morgantown,west virginia
    got a call from the big orange today and to be honest with ya all they did not intrest me that much i mean pay for training and n paycheck for about 3 weeks ummmmmmmm i dont know if people like this realize but some of us have bills to pay and mouths to feed and thats the bottom line cause jd says sooo :biggrin_25514:

7. BigStorm

BigStorm Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    N.J.
    Thank You Irish Mike.
    Ill be starting school with Schneider on the 8th of March. in Carlisle,Pa.
    thank you for all the information, it relax's some of my thoughts. I use to drv. str8 box many yrs ago , all over northeast. And Ive applied for OTR, I know Ill be out 2wks and home 2days but, thats ok with me, I figure the more im out driving , the more experience ill get and the more money ill make. Im not looking to get rich, and I realize that you have to crawl before you can run.
    I do have a question to any Schneider drv's. ? If for some uncontrolable reason a new drv doesnt get there hazmat endorsement within the 30 days of hire on date, what does Schneider do? Im planning on getting mine asap , ive been studing the hazmat and if i had the extra money id go take it now. I know, that ill get it soon. The simulator sounds good to me.[Big oversized PS2 LOL ]

8. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

To be honest, IM not sure what would happen. I've been with them since Oct but still don't have my Hazmat. Im supposed to have it, but its not that big of a deal since in my dedicated run..I don't (and wont) run Hazmat.
    However, that could be very different for OTR drivers as you take all sorts of stuff. They probably are more strict.

9. capnhector

capnhector Light Load Member

current policy on hazmat is that you have the process started within 30 or 90 days (not sure ask at school) you do not have to have it with in that time just have your background check started which can take up to 3 months its self normal turn around time on that is about 2-3 weeks though. although i do know of a couple of drivers who dont have it and they are still with sni.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.