Schneider Wage Freeze

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by hlaird, Feb 24, 2009.

1. hlaird

hlaird Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Wha..........?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    Everywhere you look-its the same thing!!

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I didn't stutter . Chris Lofgren , CEO of Schneider told the House Committee they had a hard time recovering labor costs which were less than they were in 1980 . He claimed the solution to the driver shortage was to ease immigration laws and bring in more immigrants . ATA was very disappointed Bush didn't get his guest worker bill passed . So since they can't get immigrants to work for less than 1980 rates it looks like they decided to cut rates for newbies . :ky:

Cybergal Thanks this.
  5. badsey

badsey Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    Remember: those are revenue (sales) figures. -Profits are far less. 2008 was a tough year and many were in the red.

For drivers just starting out at <30cpm this is gonna really suck because you really need that first (and 2nd) raise.

My raise was coming up in March. -What can you do? I will kiss that penny or two goodbye!

6. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    lol... flying a little fast and loose with the logic there, no?

7. msmspilot

msmspilot Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    North Mississippi
    My wife and I almost went with Schneider, and we are counting our blessings that we didn't. We were talking with a recruiter and were all set up except for following up with the applications. We told him we were going to have to put them on hold because our wedding was imminent, and priorities and all. When we got back from the honeymoon (only 2 weeks later total) they had stopped hiring newbies.

So we're working with an awesome company, running 5K+/week and the only reason we're not running more is mostly weather. The good weather weeks we've done 6K+. We count our blessings every time a new news release comes out for the Pumpkin Trucks.

8. Highgear

Highgear Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Baltimore,Maryland
    I agree with everything you said, but the President Obama remark! He darn sure aint trying to make the rich get richer! pin that on the guy that just had 8 years in the White House! Tough times call for tough measures and tough people, Yes some people have to take any job and will gladly do it to feed their families!

9. Highgear

Jul 28, 2008
    Baltimore,Maryland
    When the recruiter called me yesterday, she said pay for me would be .36/ a mile and a .02 quarterly fuel bonus. I have about 8 months experience. Did you go through their school, and dont have a year in yet? Since you said .30 cents a mile?

10. Highgear

Jul 28, 2008
    Baltimore,Maryland
    Talk about schneider! This has nothing to do with President Barack Obama!!!!!!

11. tex88

tex88 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2009
    pahrump,nv
    i started with Schneider back a few years ago,thats how i got started.
    when i started solo drivers got 25 cpm and teams got 28 cpm. ther still suck on pay and the way they treat there drivers:biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.