Schneider won't except AZ students, got any ideas

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by mannmk7, May 6, 2008.

1. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Hey psycho,

So u jumped on with Swift? Thats gutsey considering all the bad thats talked about them here. U know I read they don't have enough work for all their grad students, meaning u can get stuck with the cdl training bill of $4,000.00. What r u experianceing?

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mlrs270

mlrs270 Light Load Member

May 15, 2008
    winston salem nc
    sexytrucker you dont know what the hell you are talking about #######

4. psychocreep

psychocreep Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Flagstaff, Az
    They've had me running good. I'm done with training this coming Monday.

Things have definitely picked up when talking about loads and as far as "no work" I just haven't seen that. There's been a preplan on the qualcomm before we've arrived at the consignee or after we've sent in our unloaded/drop call.

The work is there it just might not be that 1000, 1200, or 1500 mile run that everyone wants all the time, but the work is definitely there.

I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to joining up with Swift in the beginning, but everything has been cool. I haven't been lied to "YET" and haven't been mistreated by anyone... YET!

I don't owe them ANYTHING. I paid for my CDL. That was something I decided from the beginning tho. I didn't want to be bound by any contracts.

I understand all the smack talk about Swift. Swift isn't one of the largest companies for nothing. I'm sure they have stomped on a lot of people and other companies to get to where they are.. That's business tho. I guess.

I'm not sure how far I'll go with Swift, but I do know it's a start.

5. sexytrucker1

sexytrucker1 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2008
    evansville indiana
    Its always the same cry babies like you trying to get a jump on the civilian world of trucking, well your nothing but a bunch of drunks usually. And yes I do know what I am talking about, I have been an operations manager, safety director, owner of my own company, owner operator, and company driver for a total of 23 years, so take that and smoke on it, you dont even come close sarge, get a life and get over it and go to trucking school like everyone else has too and quit trying to beat the system, cdl laws were changed for that reason 21 years ago for that reason idiot.

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    You could move to Cali where they hire or try a different company.

Hunter

7. Skilligan

Skilligan Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Bucyrus,Ohio
    It could be a good thing

8. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    They've had u running good? And then u say your finished with training Monday. So your up dating us? You don't really have much time with Swift yet? It's great to hear it's good so far. I'm a bit confused you don't have much time in with them do u?

What do u mean about a 1000-1500 miles? 28 cents a mile x 1000 miles is $280.00. U can't be doing 1000-1500 a week u would'nt be making any money. Whats up? Help us out.

Oh, okay I get it, your talk'n u may not get 1000-1500 mile RUNS. How many miles u looking at a week, u think'n? What r u hearing?

Thanks

9. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO

uuuh - he said "run" not "week".

10. evertruckerr

evertruckerr Heavy Load Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Lurchgs wrote:

Why don't you Quote and READ the whole post before you start flaming. I don't know why everyone has to get so #### negative on these boards. If you would have read one more line:

mannmk7 wrote:

Please note his pleasant demeanor and what was an obvious honest question.

11. evertruckerr

evertruckerr Heavy Load Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you have your heart set on Schneider all you have to do is get an address through Mailbox etc or such that will give you a street address and a Unit# as opposed to a PO Box# in an area that they hire from (this could be a problem if you expect to take your time off in Kingman). You will then have to get a CDL in that state and possibly register a vehicle in the same state(varies state to state). You will then have to pay state income tax in that state and in you home state if you own a home in another state. It can get messy if you own a home.

I did this when I first started driving OTR. We sold our home and lived out of the truck so we could call anywhere home. We got NV drivers licenses, (no state tax) and called Las Vegas home although we didn't actually have a house at the time. We did eventually buy a house and have to switch thing over again.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.