Schneider

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by extruckerswife, May 8, 2012.

1. topher

topher Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Metro-Detroit
    IMO, schneider's bulk training is very good and they are constantly reviewing and refreshing so they bring you in often to check on your skills. They currently do have '05s in their fleet that are in the shop often (my experience). They try to run them to around 800k. They've came across as good people to me and I'm average at best. Miles can be iffy at times and other times overwhelming. For the most part they get you home according to the agreement discussed between you and your bl. A pay rate was promised to me and I ended up with something lower at the time. There were also things they didn't pay me for (training) which did reduce my weekly average earnings, so I am owed some. Will I see it? Nope. Am I happy with them overall? Yeah I am. They allowed great amounts of freedom with minimal micro-management.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wubboux

Wubboux Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    Thanks for that, Topher. I'm going to orientation for their tanker division in August. So any input about it is great.

Traveler51 Thanks this.
  4. RALPHMANBEARPONY

RALPHMANBEARPONY Light Load Member

May 25, 2012
    CLEVELAND GA.
    Thats one of the things that pizzed the ever living ####ft out of me working for sni.Constantly covering their ### by requiring
    online video watching,then have some old Dinosaur driver show up on the yard unannounced testing me after my long
    low paying day.
    I aint got time for that ####ft!!If you don't like how your drivers do the job,then hire/pay better,but don't
    harass those of us that did a good job,just to help company insurance rates.

5. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    If Schneider allowed their Big truck truck drivers to pay $75
    to be excused from takin' a test each time, would that be better?

The main thing that affects insurance rates is the safety record.
    If frequent testing seems to reduce the number of incidents,
    thereby improving safety thereby lowering premiums, what's not to like?
    The main reason businesses are in business is to make a profit.
    The more money that goes out to cover operating expenses, the less the profit.
    When a Big truck truckin' company runs 'bout 7,000 Big trucks, expenses add up pretty quickly.
    An additional option that cost $15 doesn't seem like much, --- but that option for the fleet
    would increase the fleet cost by $105,000.
    Now, if the $15 item would help improve safety, it could save the company
    millions of dollars in legal fees and judgments.

Personally?
    I think Schneider's interests go beyond their concerns concerning the Company's insurance premiums, although,
    if my memory serves me correctly, ...... Schneider is self-insured, ........
    I think Schneider has a genuine interest in safety, --- first and above all else.

Safety Is No
    Accident.
    :smt112​

Dava Thanks this.
  6. topher

topher Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Metro-Detroit
    To be honest, the rest of my post above talks about how I was shorted some pay and the pay owed was because of one of those training days. On top of that, they must've lost some paperwork because they insisted on certifying me a second time on something I already had the documentation and certifications. So yeah, I agree, the extensive training is a pain in the #####. Whatever though.

7. topher

topher Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Metro-Detroit
    If you were the one who sent me the PM, I wrote an extensive reply back but when I sent it, I got a message that said I needed 5 posts before I could pm. Sorry! I'll reply when I get to 5. lol

8. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Any company with more than one driver will have complaints. Mostly, the drivers are messing up. That post about "forgiveness" is excellent, and probably covers most of the facts.

9. Linc460

Linc460 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2007
    deforest,wi
    Its a bummer Schneider doesnt train newbies anymore, I would go to them to try and find a driving job. The last I heard they dont have a training facility anymore.

10. RALPHMANBEARPONY

RALPHMANBEARPONY Light Load Member

May 25, 2012
    CLEVELAND GA.
    I never really noiticed it swaying accidents,one way or another.The constant cbt's were rediculous,to say the least.
    Being forced to listen to computer vids,and testings never swayed me to be a better,or safer driver.Especially when they
    were as redundant as winter driving videos Ive had to see several times already,and in July made lots of sense.:homework:
    The amount of crashed up trucks stayed pretty constant,but so was the turnover rate when I was there.
    It doesent really matter,as I have since moved on.I do still have friends I keep in touch with I met there,that also moved on.

We were all disgrunteled knuckle draggers,so it was for the best,as the koolaid had done gone sour after the first year.:blackeye:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  11. Wubboux

Wubboux Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    If you mean they don't train individuals without a CDL, putting them into an organic CDL school then I'm unsure. HoweverI'm going to orientation next month and I'm as green as the day is long, fresh out of CDL school with a technical college.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.