Schneider

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by extruckerswife, May 8, 2012.

1. Dava

Dava Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Tracy, California
    Well, I posted it before, and I reiterate, Schneider is not a bad company overall. They try. They do some things really, really well and others not so well. I am impressed with the overall upbeat, positive twist that they have with their 'company-wide' interactions with drivers, I am impressed with the ongoing training, the communication efforts, the efforts at time at home, (not always on the day you want, but they do try...ie: I was offered a rental car when an event I wanted to attend was not going to happen based on where we were and freight.)

Yes they do a lot of things not so well, they are a HUGE company. Our personal complaints lean towards mechanical issues not being worked on in a timely fashion, too much time between loads, too many live loads and yes, time at home not being exactly when you want it to be. If you take things in stride, it all works out in the wash. The miles are there, albeit in fits and starts.

Overall, after 5 years of employment by them, hearing about what else is out there, we are happy enough to stay with Schneider And we are doing pretty well in the $ and ¢ department. As I explained in an earlier post though, we are a husband and wife team which makes a huge difference in the pay department, (both checks going into same account). I wholeheartedly disagree with RALPHMANBEARPONY and would encourage anyone starting out to go with Schneider. I am a bit more detailed in previous posts if you care to go back and read some of the previous posts I made.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RALPHMANBEARPONY

RALPHMANBEARPONY Light Load Member

May 25, 2012
    CLEVELAND GA.
  4. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    I saw a tornado replace some of their equipment in Dallas.

5. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    I have heard good things about Schneider. I never drove for them though. I would not rule them out if I was in a bind. They just won't get me home enough where I live. I have heard they will fire a driver pretty fast for an accident. If that's true, I think they should at least give you one accident if it isn't something too bad.

6. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    Yes they will. I'm with Schneider and they just fired a driver for getting hung on a railroad track from blindly following their "Navigo" routing system. I personally only use my trusted Rand Mcnally TND 710 system.

7. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
  8. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    I use common sense.

KE5WDP and Bigcountry8079 Thank this.
  9. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Well, that settles it. :smt045
    I'm gonna follow you guys.
    :happy6:
    :toothy10:
    :laughing5:
    :happy3:
    :smt043​

10. RALPHMANBEARPONY

RALPHMANBEARPONY Light Load Member

May 25, 2012
    CLEVELAND GA.
  11. autobarry

autobarry Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Lewisburg,Tn
    When you are a student trainee, do you start otr or can you get regional, or ltl?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.