Schneider

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TankerYanker36, Mar 31, 2022.

1. MonetaryWage

MonetaryWage Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2022
    From people I know who have been fired by them, that orange company is going to put it on your DAC. They’ll either put it as failure to follow company policies or straight up avoidable accidents. Should have talked to them. Trucking ain’t like quitting Walmart. That DAC crap haunts you.

You have 4 months? Most of the megas won’t touch you now. Maybe some companies that require 3 months experience may overlook it. Wait about a week or two then check your DAC. If it’s up there, tell recruiters the truth UPFRONT on the phone. Don’t go to orientation without telling them because they’ll end up seeing it and send you home anyway — and now that company is part of your job history.

You’ll probably end up working a 1099 job for someone. Could end up making way more money than you were as a rookie driver for the orange team. So it’s not all bad. Just say bye bye to the nice fancy equipment and infrastructure.

gentleroger and TankerYanker36 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Troubleshooting class should of got you more help. Houston guys, when I was there were the best! They gave us all their number and have told us to call them even in the middle of the night and they would walk us through a sticky situation.

I had had instances where I had to do minor work on trailers to get them to unload. Had little to no hydraulic fluid on some and used engine oil to get it pumping to offload.

I chalk it up to them not providing you the resources to help you through everything.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    For sure those incidents will go on your DAC report.
    Other than that, shouldn't have any problem finding a new job.
    Do you live in Houston?
    How much experience do you have? 4 months?

TankerYanker36 and a.paul Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You live in California? Where in California.?

TankerYanker36 Thanks this.
  6. TankerYanker36

TankerYanker36 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Yes I live in orange county California. I'm planning to apply for some fuel companies here if I can get lucky enough before it goes on my DAC report.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    So for the DAC report, that's a bummer. Because I thought the D.O.T report was the same thing and that those incidents aren't reportable for a DAC report.

8. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    Thank you!

9. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Run with some doubles and you get some great hooking up lessons, id check and pull test that back pup so many times before leaving it looked like madness.

Speedy356 and TankerYanker36 Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You want local work? You might luck out and get a fuel job.

TankerYanker36 Thanks this.
  11. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Because a high hook can very quickly turn into a lost trailer issue. Most drivers never get out and eyeball the pin in the fifth wheel jaws. Instead, they do a tug test. Well...if it's high hooked and tug tested, that trailer is falling off at the first turn that driver makes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.