Schneider

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by jayo2009, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jayo2009

jayo2009 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2011
    greensburg, IN
    Does anyone know if Schneider CDL schooling is paid with a one year commitment or is it a reimbursement. I need somewhere that pays even with a commitment, thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    It’s a year commitment if they pay for it. You can still get reimbursement if you pay for school out of your pocket .

Lacey514, Rollr4872 and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Baty Dispatch

Baty Dispatch Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nevada
    Yes, paid with one year commitment unless you live in IlliniiI. They can't force you to stay for one year if you live in Illinois.

CJ701, patsy and SHOJim Thank this.
  5. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    I suggest reading my thread. It turned out to be a waste of time for me.

6. jayo2009

jayo2009 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2011
    greensburg, IN
    I just read your post. I see your point behind it. My situation is just a little different than yours though. The nearest Schneider for me is only 50 miles away, I already have a job at a warehouse. I dont have much for bills. I have a car payment, insurance and phone bill. I figure if I can save a few thousand dollars as a buffer until i get my CDL, I'd be good. I appreciate your insight on the subject though. Best of luck with whoever you go with

7. Baty Dispatch

Baty Dispatch Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nevada
    Schneider pays for your room and training. Any company that pays for more than that are going to rip you off in other ways.

8. redsox508

redsox508 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2017
    You must be a Schneider recruiter. Second thread you posted the same response. "Rip you off in other ways" lmao I've googled reviews and watched YouTube videos about current and former Schneider drivers and from what I've heard they "rip you off" like every other company.

9. crazyrob79

crazyrob79 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I have conditional offer of employment with Schneider and what I know they dont have a school you must come in with your CDL and then its 3 week training and orientation paid
    with room and meals,

10. xxxHAZMATxxx

xxxHAZMATxxx Bobtail Member

May 16, 2018
    Good to know, thanks

11. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Hi Jay,
    Not sure if you've committed to any school or company since your first post here, Though my thought was to ask what type of trucking are you looking to get into?

I ask because if you wanted to be more specialized, maybe consider sponsored or company training from that type of fleet. As an example, when I considered coming back to driving, I looked into Schneider for their Tanker Division. They have 2 large accounts within maybe 5 miles from my home town, Tanker pays better than dragging a box at Schneider, plus I spoke to a few tankers waiting at the nearby plant. They both had never pulled tanker, and gotten their CDLs thru Schneider, plus training for tanker which I think was in Houston???? Hazmat etc, One fella pulls mostly Hazmat Loads, the other does mostly ( only?? ) non-hazmat. The fella dragging Hazmat, his pay was considerably higher than his counterpart. But that other fella wasn't too interested in always moving Hazmat...So the company has ability to appease both types. But more importantly , both have acquired top notch experience and training ( Their words,, not mine ) and pretty good pay.
    But in the end, I like big tonka toys and construction. So I went flabed. Also near me, just South about 10 miles, is a Large glass manufacturer....which seemed interesting. The company there was Maverick, so I checked into Maverick. I checked TMC, and a few others as I went down the "rabbit hole". I could have done a refresher course to reinstate my CDL, though I'd first driven 1988-2003. Hadn't turned a wheel since '03. So for me, and the best interest of all on the road... and After separating the wheat from the chaff, I went with Maverick and their training, along with the year commitment. I trained on their equipment. I also went Flatbed ( I can always switch to glass now ). Now I probably wont haul any Specialized Machinery at Maverick ( unless they expand into that market ) , BUT.... I sure as hell have learned how to Chain, Strap, Secure, and Tarp many different types of loads. Now TMC, They seem to move alot of John Deere loads...can't recall other FB companies I researched now, it's been over year and a half.
    Now I'm pushing the Double Nickle, and pleasantly scratching my itch on the road. Getting my exercise throwing chains and tarps, Yet if I needed to slow down, and want to go "Part time".... Schneider has so many opportunities..... Hell, you can drive a minimum 4 days a month for them if you want...7 on- 7 off...stuff like that. I'm an empty nester, No wife.... That might be my semi retirement plan!
    Hope any of this helps, in the end, do your own research, what is right for you. My intent was to only open your mind a bit, something to chew on maybe.

Bluedew Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.