Schnieder tank teams question

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Logan76, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I've got a good question, I've had my class A liscense about 7 months, I've driven some class B locally under the table and I drove class B for a year before I got my class A. I've got a good freind who I've known for 16 years (he's my best freinds dad) who went to school and got his CDL at the same time I did. He's ran OTR and is really close to his 100,000 miles but he's out 6 weeks at a shot. I saw schnieder's tank line needs teams with 6 month's commercial exp. Me and him get along great and we thought about doing a team operation but hometime is a concern, and is there money to be made with 2 men, where the money is going in each of our pockets? I also wonder if schnieder would accept me even though I don't have 6 month's OTR?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Not if your shown age of 20 is correct .

4. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I turn 21 in a week, I'm going to take my hazmat test on my birthday, I'm pretty sure I'll pass no problem, then Ill go get fingerprinted asap and hope it hurries along. He needs to get his hazmat also, so it would be a bit down the road until we try, but most likely I'll still have no OTR experience, due to I'll just end up running tri-axle under the table until then.

5. YankeeTexan

YankeeTexan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    You would also need a TWIC card for Schneider. Plus with no exp, your chances are not good. They have been only bringing on exp drivers for a while now. Also, much of the new business seems to be more of the regional or "out and back" (leave terminal, make del and back to terminal. gen in a 600 mile circle or so). You also never mentioned where you live, that also would be a factor.

6. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    They hired me in may 2009 to drive a tanker with no experience..just call and talk to the recruiter...

7. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    One big problem with teaming like you suggest. Pay is not split 50/50. Usually there is a "lead driver" who gets about 60% and a "second driver" who gets 40%. That can lead to some pretty serious problems and resentments. Think about that first.

8. Toby

Toby Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Indiana
    dr5169 if your still on the board, are you still with Schneider?
    I applied and was contacted by a recruiter. I live 5 minutes from the Gary terminal.
    Thanks

9. Graymist

Graymist Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2007
    What are the weekly average miles with their regional tanker fleet ? What kind of earnings can one expect ? Thei website says that 6 days of hometime are guaranteed. Does that include 34-hour resets, or are they in addition to the resets ? Thanks

10. difference-maker

difference-maker Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    average miles per week : 23-2400. You don't have to have the TWIC card when you start but you will need to be in the process of getting it.

They are always looking for Regional tank drivers. Every time I have gone to their website it has been posted.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.