School Questions

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by nascarchuck, Mar 10, 2009.

1. davidcboyd33

davidcboyd33 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Forsyth, GA
    You slam schools, I defend them.

Yes, I am subtly spamming the viewers of this forum to increase my profits. Please tell me how many times I have given the name or the city of the school where I work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. davidcboyd33

Apr 24, 2009
    Forsyth, GA
    My name is my name, and doesn't give any details about my school. I spend 99% of my time on here in current posts and 99% of that time responding to your rhetoric. I currently don't have the time for PM's.

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    97 posts in 4 days and you don't have time for pm's . 99% of your time dedicated to me . The other 1% you spend calling truckers Bubba jailbirds . You don't mention your school but when another member mentions a school you take the opportunity to say it was a pleasure working with him . I'm sure the info you give students is about as reliable as your posts .

5. ss goose

ss goose Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    texas

RickG Thanks this.
  6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY

7. ss goose

Apr 20, 2009
    texas
    I know and I try so hard:biggrin_2553::biggrin_2559::biggrin_25522:

8. davidcboyd33

Apr 24, 2009
    Forsyth, GA
    I have said this many times. Both of you guys say things that make absolute sense. I spend my time responding to your posts, because of this. I truly feel that these arguments can be affective in persuading people to do their own research with regards to the decisions they are making.

Yes, I did take one opportunity to tell a former student, that it was a pleasure working with him. I also corrected a felon who was mistaken about the exact reasons that one of our schools refused to train him. Those are the only 2 times that I have given any indication of where I work.

I didn't call truckers jailbirds. By your own admission, just because a guy is in a truck, doesn't make him a trucker. 90% of the turnover in the trucking industry occurs within the first 6 months of employment. When drivers stay at a single company for more than a year, Voluntary turnover drops from about 150% to about 20%. 6 months does not a trucker make!

What I haven't done is resort to personal attacks. I have an opinion and I will continue to express it.

9. ss goose

Apr 20, 2009
    texas
    Look this is the deal,my deal anyway. I feel that the schools are outta control. When a company is making more money with a school then they are pulling loads something is wrong with that.I feel bad for the guys that scrap up everything they have in the bank to get a CDL that leaves them broke and unemployed. I feel that the entire school system should be investagated and should be held to a set of governed standards. Then maybe as you say the few good schools could do some good work. But meanwhile they are nothing more than a truck driving mafia that is destroying more people then it is helping and basically cripling an industrie. Now do you have the right to support your family YES, do you have the right to free speach YES, And is my issue with you personnal NO (well maybe a little lol). So basically my point is you keep doing what you do but don't expect that everyone on this site is gonna greet you with open arms cause your a GOOD GUY because what you are representing has hurt a lot of people. Helped some but hurt many.

P.S. You should change your screen name to Gotti and thats not an attack just a thought

10. Future Truckers

Future Truckers Bobtail Member

May 18, 2009
    Asheboro, NC
    Go to www.cvta.org and there is a list of questions one should ask a school. As far as that other fellow saying his company wouldn't take a second look a graduate fails to take into consideration that every driver got his his experience with a less attractive carrier before he landed the dream job. As I tell every student who wants my opinion on any trucking company - I do not and have not ever worked for that company so I cannot accurately give an opinion. In 20 years I only drove for 2 companies and myself. Ask me about those companies and I can give you some advice. Unless you worked for every carrier in the nation, withholding your un-informed opinion is probably best.

11. Future Truckers

Future Truckers Bobtail Member

May 18, 2009
    Asheboro, NC
    You are correct. There absolutely needs to be more participation of governing bodies in the school industry. NC is a great example of a DMV that sets and enforces regulations at the school level. In the last 3 years we have had at least 2 "spies" of the DMV enroll and complete our training program. It is very positive to recieve that report from the DMV and recieve high remarks from the director. It is hard to believe that there are states with no regulations what so ever for truck schools.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.