School Shooting Santa Fe, TX

Discussion in 'Other News' started by STexan, May 18, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Why can't they integrate sound detection systems throughout the school with the fire alarm system.

Each room and hallway has a gun shot detection sensor. (Works just like a glass-break sensor) The instant shots are detected it reports the room number or hallway number to police and school admin office.

This won't stop these incidents but it will make potential shooters think twice if they plan on a getaway.

It could also begin live streaming video from adjacent cameras to authorities.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Good idea , unfortunately our schools are getting less funding than needed. Funny always money for war or bailouts but education ,health care and public safety aren't even a priority.

4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Concealed carry for trained teachers is looking more and more reasonable.

417bigK, Trucker61016, x1Heavy and 2 others Thank this.
  5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Great idea.. but someone knocks over a desk and makes a loud clap/pop it'll likely set it off.
    Kids will figure out how to set it off as a prank.
    But, there IS a solution somewhere..

Perhaps parenting.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It would take some tweaking to limit falsing I realize. But kids intentionally creating this sort of false alarm need to be suspended anyway.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  7. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    I saw where I believe it was the governor or Lt governor said these shootings are happening because schools have to many entries and exits.

Guns are not the problem.

Doors.

Doors are the problem.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Reason for edit: Typos
    gentleroger Thanks this.
  8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We are already there, have been for years. Annual active shooter drills are done in our schools. With the Enhanced Carry implemented just this year, I can legally carry weapons into a College Campus anywhere at any time such as the library etc. HOWEVER I have to take 8 hours active shooter training with our state police and pass that course without failure sometime this year before my CHL gets a gold star. That is our law as prescribed.

The fact that I am already IDF Core basic trained with guns does not matter to the State. However my attitude is that of looking forward to playing with erm training with the State Bears. It will be more than interesting to see how they handle a deaf student. (I usually operate about two steps ahead of a instructor in training mentally where possible. Learning is a joy) I love training. Learn something new every day. I even shoot with the Searcy Police occasionally on their range up Johnson Road some months when I can get up there. They are combat based shooters too very similar to mine. And alot of fun to learn and train with. Children and parents are more than welcome to learn and shoot safely up there.

Now the school shooting.

With the last few school shootings I reduced my thoughts to one simple thought. Until the Next time.

It will happen again. Again. and again. And I told you so. Here we are again. And it will happen again some day we don't know when and where but the really smart bad guys who are only students doing these things are already planning the next one. Pull the alarm, empty the refuges (Classrooms) and line em up like ducks in a shooting gallery. No wonder we lose so #### many.

I recommend two things.

Every alarm wired room in a given structure goes back to a masterboard somewhere in the facility, usually very close to the main entrance set in the wall.

In addition to the wiring etc. There needs to be a thermal sensor in every single room able to be occupied by a human. At that point each room has a running average of thermal loading. Warm human bodies, heating systems etc.

When a room detects a increase in thermal loading, rising temperatures it should relay to the school leadership only. They can review the situation, temperatures etc and pull the alarm themselves. That room is to be evacuated and halon gas used in Main Battle Tanks introduced into that room.

ALL OTHER CLASS ROOMS bunker up. Hall doors close up. Now. Each class room in the old days used to have a exit door to access the outside without disturbing the rest of the classes in a hallway. So that should be built back into a classroom, each and every one. Those doors need to be incredibly harden from any threat outside in but easy to get classroom of 50 people OUT should fire begin to invade their room.

In Israel during rocket attacks, there are actually schools built in the last few years that are so hardened that students stay at the desk and continue lessons as usual when the rocket sirens scream. The buildings themselves as a complete unit are able to absorb rocket impacts from their enemies up to a certain size warhead. (That is a state secret in Israel. And the censorship of secrets is unbelievable... they have to be hard because so many enemies want to enter the house and kill especially the kids. The future) So the kids can carry on with school lessons not afraid from falling artillery, mortars, rockets etc. To a certain point. This is way way way beyond a simple typical American high school nut gone wild with a couple of guns and maybe a few bombs here and there.

If you want to stop active shooters, you have to engage and end the threat asap. (When I say end the threat, I literally mean make their functioning ability to threaten or actively attempt to kill students and people stop. A headshot would be one way to do that. Severe enough injuries against the shooter's body to cause it to stop functioning to his or her will to continue the attack is another way. Or have 100 good guys hunt bad guy into a corner and reveal same to be a whimpering coward who surrenders meekly.

Next. Media. I appreciate the reporting that these things go on. But... The shooters identity, face book pages, habits, medicines etc etc etc etc etc has to be blacked out and literally STOPPED away from broadcasting. These shooters are evil personified and do not deserve a moment of national or international fame being broadcast among other bad guys. Enough is enough is ENOUGH.

These school shootings will continue. Students will die by the dozen with many more hurt. Over and over and over again.

If you seriously want to harden a school and 2000 people inside of it against outside threats that made it inside with guns and bombs you have failed that task before the shooter gets started with that stupid fire alarm. You have failed already.

Stop failing and ltierally handcuff the shooter bringing in a gun under a trench coat or some stupid thing. BEFORE he has a chance to put one foot inside a building. That means a perimeter. And manometers put in school buses and so on so forth and etc. NO body approaches the actual school building without being scanned and randoms and red flag suspicious ones searched.

There should be a small staffing room in every school. Their job is very simple and very very close to IDF intel. They go over each student in the entire school body. They look up facebook pages for example on all the students in that school In real time as in day and night. When they find a FB page of someone writing born to kill on a picture of a shirt or coat with demonic imagery etc that he or she put up. That particular student should be quarantined. And his home, vehicles etc cleared.

Yes there is a first amendment etc. But when someone turns terrorist and approaches a school, theater or some other place where people gather in large numbers for a event, game or whatever with the intent to kill they are to be considered enemy combatants and treated as such with prejudice and really fast.

Essentially when you decide to publish material saying Eff Trump and type that you want to kill him or whatever, the Secret Service is all over your case.

The same exact thing should happen with any student at any time who does a similar thing against his or her school. In near real time. And all students need to be made to understand in no uncertain terms when beginning the school year, any action against anyone and all the school will potentially result in their demise OR something much much much more of a hell for the rest of their lives as they sit on death row in a Federal Facility.

If they are already deciding to go ahead and be a active shooter bad guy, prior to the act being committed. The entire school system has already lost in a bad way. The attack is coming and frankly every time there is one they ALWAYS come up with the material, red flags or other actions that broadcast this bad guy's intent days, weeks or months in advance. Or even years before they actually go out and do it.

If you had a years warning that bad guys are coming to shoot your home up and kill your family and children and you did nothing at all then we cannot help you after it does happen.

Until next time.

417bigK and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  10. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Why stop there? Why not require concealed carry for students? That way they could protect themselves.

06driver and bryan21384 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.