Scotlynn Commodities Inc

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by BigHossVolvo, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    I always see a bunch of them running the 17 through Ontario. They always blow past me on the uphills west of Terrace Bay, lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JayTee

JayTee Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    I'm onside with everything that's been said here, I hauled one load for Scotlynn years ago, and IIRC it took most of the day to get the rate up past "well it pays your fuel" to "it's a cheap backhaul". I've heard lots of horror stories about the lease deal, but here's an odd one. A friend of a friend of mine sold his truck in 2011 and took one of their 386's on a never never deal, ran it for a couple of years and had his bank buy out the lease at what he says was a really good price. He then drove it for another couple of years until they went back to buying the 389's and they offered him $85000 for the 386 if he took a 389 and he did. He's still there, says he's making money and loves the job. Don't know how or why he's successful there but he seems to be. Personally I ain't geared for that deal myself. :)

Oldironfan and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  4. 6rider

6rider Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Ontario
    As I stated in the beginning of the thread, the only way I see anyone making any decent money on there is bringing their own rig as an O/O. Not leasing on a never-never contract hence the Petes and Kenworths coming back to Cervus lol.
    2015 PETERBILT 389 280658 | Used Highway Tractor
    Used Heavy Trucks | Used Peterbilt Trucks | Used Highway Tractors

Oldironfan and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Well I found other posts saying $1.49 a mile pay. I also just tried calling their recruiting and it rang for 3 minutes with no answer.
    My opinion based on their Facebook page is all they care about is selling their sales team, and paying them better than drivers. And the sales team goes out to party together every other day. I gather they have a U.S. office in Fort Myers florida.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  6. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    As for sliding your bogies an equal amount to the extra wheelbase of your truck, well duh, that would be easy right? Sure, if not loaded to the tits and maxed out - which is more common than not.

7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Marc Anthony on YouTube has been there a few years. I don't know why? He just traded in a 2016 389 at the dealer to buy a 2019 w900 I don't know the details yet.

joey8686 Thanks this.
  8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I have gotten a great many private messages over this post, and its pretty much what everyone has been saying. These guys are shady as hell, they use drivers, bankrupt them and then move on. They're all about the office staff, and having these shiny lease trucks running up and down the road. They will do anything Loblaws asks, even free waiting time in the dock for DAYS. I've been seeing a ####TON of them in Calgary now, 389's, W900's, T680's and 579's; all in the bright Scotlynn colors (So leased I guess).

I personally would never have worked there, but as I said, was curious as I didn't know anything about them; now I know to much lol.

Cheers!

9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Your w9 looks exactly like the 2019 Marc Anthony just bought or financed.

10. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    It's actually not my truck, just a pic of one I found, that was a bank repo in Ontario lol. Prob a Ex-Scotlynn truck! Better change that pic lol.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.