Screwed Myself By Job Hopping

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by doubleA96, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2021
    I just used the BLS’ numbers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Market watch google it junior 1)fast food)2)retail3)meter reader 4)nurses 5)child care workers 6)accountant 7)telemarketing 8)movie theater workers 9)hotel& restaurant workers 10)sales .I have never understood the crying some do my company or boss doesn’t care about me boo hoo and really how much do you care about your boss it goes both ways you know it’s not always about you cupcake.I personally couldn’t care less if my company cares about me or not I go to work for my family as long as the check clears I’ll go to work,I’m not starting and guilting 15 different jobs looking for a boss that will pay attention to me.Stop your whinnying put your boots on, shut up and quit ruining my life,my big ole butt

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Jaebo74, bryan21384 and 88228822 Thank this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Do you mean this "Market Watch" article from 16 years ago?

Where the revolving door is swiftest

That information is as outdated as your attitude. Also when you compare a stepping stone industry for high school kids like low level retail and fast food that pays minimum wage for part time labor with absolutely zero benefits, you aren't exactly comparing apples to apples.

Look, I'll be happy to continue this childish pissing match with your big ole ### until the cows come home. But the fact of the matter is that for an industry that employees over 3.5 million full time drivers as a career, there just isn't any other industry that can compete with a turnover rate that hovers around 100% every year. Yes there are lots of drivers that have been with the same company for 15+ years that are paid well and love their jobs. There are also some companies that treat their employees like royalty and their employees love it there. But that's not the norm in the industry. There are many parts of the country were carriers can't find drivers of any quality or at any price. Some of those company owners are here on TTR talking about it. Many of them could care less about job hopping and care more about their driving record because their insurance won't accept the driver unless their record is spotless. I worked for 3 carriers before becoming an O/O, and every one of those carriers didn't give a flying F*** if their drivers were happy with their jobs because they all knew if I quit they would have another driver in my truck a few hours later. That's pretty much the norm in the industry today.

MysterMysterydriver Thanks this.
  5. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    There you go again making up assumptions and pretending there facts.The thing you’re showing is ata numbers around 100%on large truck load carriers not the entire trucking industry.The question is still why do care weather your boss shows you enough attention .ups drivers for example most would agree that a good job is there bosses falling all over them or do they expect the driver to do his job

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    On meter reading. I was at a utility. They flat out declared war on the meter readers. Knew one who loved meter reading. He became a groundsman to get out. Too much disciplinary action because weather etc. wouldn’t allow best case scenario for the day.

7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Has nothing to do with ‘boss showing enough attention’.
    I left two large companies I though and still think much of.
    One replaced the top man in safety because of me.
    The other may have replaced the driver manager who was also the terminal manager.
    I also can’t deal with constantly driving with known DOT violations.
    Only one was too optimistic on income during winter. I couldn’t survive winter financially working for him.

8. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    Ok seriously now your focus is on large truck load carriers because these are numbers you keep showing so that’s what I’ll talk about.When you make blanket statements they all don’t care they will just replace you,well of course they will any business that has an employee leave has to replace them.To just assume they don’t care just reflects your limits of knowledge of the truck load industry.Truck load carriers have a thin profit margin some of course do better then others a lot because of niches they’ve got into.But if they could keep drivers for say an average of 15 years tenure they could operate cheaper than hiring recruitment departments,operating and maintaining a driver training program,and schools,advertising in every magazine and internet job boards in the USA .There problem is profit margin.Most start at these companies and figure out with experience there’s better jobs pay and benefits and even home time in different segments of the trucking industry and leave truck load carriers.It isn’t so much they don’t care as it’s there is only so much truck load carriers can do.There is no big conspiracy all the owners didn’t get together at there secret meeting place and decided that we need to make this guys and girls miserable.like I said earlier when you start you can’t have it all the farmer can’t give you the whole farm because you work for him.You gain experience figure out what kind of trucking job you want while gaining experience look into other types of trucking talk to drivers I personally would never go back to a truck load carrier I would go to a different line of work first I figured out early I didn’t care for it.

9. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I’m a serial job hopper as I have no patience and my mind changes often LOL. I quit a job without having another one and I always find work. Always.

10. doubleA96

doubleA96 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Decatur Il
    What I put in my posting is the 100% truth. I call these carriers and it’s the same, sorry your job history disqualifies you etc stay with a carrier for 3-4 months and we will take a look again.

11. doubleA96

doubleA96 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Decatur Il
    That has my big issue I chase the money to different jobs and something happens like like home time or equipment issues and I lose patience quickly. I know I know suck it up it’s part of the job.

nadiyah2000 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.