Sdp cat single turbo conversion

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Dtgrandprix, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Dtgrandprix

Dtgrandprix Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Ok so im taking the twins off of my 2009 cat and also deleting the dpf, cgi, and iva.. So I just need a turbo reccomendation for the conversion.. only plan on turning it up to 550 or 600

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    Don’t know what exact engine you have. But there’s a guy on YouTube who just did the same to his Cat., he used new turbo called a switchblade. He also had some live help from Pittsburgh Power, which turned out to be right on the money.
    Here is a link to one of the videos, there are a bunch more about the swap. I gotta say it sure wasn’t easy. But there’s a lot to learn here. He’s a bit of a joker, so don’t get all worked up about his video intros.

Please note this was done on an older mechanical Cat, and to my knowledge nothing is said, or implied about any emissions equipment or deletions.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  4. Dtgrandprix

Mar 30, 2018
    Oh ok I appreciate it, yea I seen that video and actually called about that turbo but it was 4 grand lol.. So looking more in the line of a Borg Warner. Also this is a c15 475 Acert, I want to go with a 3406E type turbo

5. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    I under stand why you want to do everything to that engine.
    Except the turbos. Leave them on, they actually work better then a single turbo.
    If they are fine, don't touch them. Your not gaining anything by going single turbo. Good tune and do the rest and your goodtogo

dustinbrock and SAR Thank this.
  6. Dtgrandprix

Mar 30, 2018
    Yea I was going to but when I bought the truck it had been sitting for a few years, and high side turbo has a lot of play, so I just decided to change to a single. Just looking for a Borg Warner part number that would work good with the c15

7. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Item #: 1496 988 0000

spsauerland and Dtgrandprix Thank this.
  8. Dtgrandprix

Mar 30, 2018
    Thanks I appreciate that

swaan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.