Seat belt warning

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Edzuwoy, May 18, 2018.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I spent Christmas when I was 17 in a coma in a hospital and I had my seatbelt on, I honestly don't want to go through that again I guarantee I'll need a knee and a hip, by the time I'm 50 I know first hand all your reasons to wear a seatbelt. If it'd been 1980 I'd probably have bled to death right there, from a severed femoral artery, in fact they said the only reason me and my little brother are here is because I turned at the last minute so we bounced off the bumper instead of pile driving straight into it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    It’s a violation in Greer, South Carolina with their kangaroo court for a CDL holder. The law says properly worn,so it can only have a little play, maybe an inch or so across the chest if I remember.

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    No need to bicker and throw insults. If you want to answer the original question, fine. If all you want to do is squabble, take it somewhere else.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  5. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    What you have a problem with people honestly discussing their thoughts and opinions? And we wonder what ever happened to this country.

stwik and joesmoothdog Thank this.
  6. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    That's right. :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

7. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    If you can discuss an issue in a civil manner, that's all well and good. It when you starting arguing, bickering, and insulting one another, that's where the problem begins.

TTR has a policy against insults and bickering. If you choose to violate that policy, there are repercussions.

8. joesmoothdog

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    Now I give a rat's patooty.

stwik and Smut Thank this.
  9. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    What was said to set you off? People can curse well you filter turns it to ## but you can still determine what's said and you have no problem, a couple people have a discussion about whether you have the right to decide to wear your seatbelt or not and you have issues?

joesmoothdog Thanks this.
  10. joesmoothdog

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    I got hammered. Here's my reply.
    I tell you what. Since the powers that be have convinced you what profanity is I won't attempt to dissuade you from your and their ignorance however I would strongly suggest that you, especially , step back and let the discussion flow freely when something instructive and constructive might occur. Sometimes perceived insults lead to a greater understanding. I pick my pulpits and constructively "profane". There's a saying " I know it when I see it. " Should you feel the need to blackball me, feel free. Sometimes the best way to engage is to insult. Irony. Look it up.

11. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    I must've missed something somewhere because I haven't even seen any insults yet, you think I'm a mental defective because I don't think not wearing a seatbelt should be a violation of any sort or be allowed to be a finable offense but you have a right to your opinion.

joesmoothdog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.