Seat belt warning

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Edzuwoy, May 18, 2018.

1. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Sweet! So we get to pick and chose which laws we obey! Awesome!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    Yea, we could go back and forth forever. I know you're wrong and you THINK you're right. :dontknow:LOL. But we are exceptional in that we both know it's business, not personal. Stay safe, amigo.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Once again when they decide to make a law that you have to a probe shoved up your ### to drive a truck will you just bend over or resist it? Don't think they will, 30 years ago very few thought we'd have ELDs either.

5. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    For passengers yes it is. For drivers not so much. Your butt needs to stay in that seat. It keeps you there.

6. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    I have never hit a bump anywhere that was remotely close to dislodging me from my seat and I've hit some pretty good bumps.

7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Ok. But the logical argument can be made to require the driver wear a belt.

There is zero reason to require a passenger or child seats. Other than do gooders butting into others lives.

8. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    I know you're wrong but think you're right too. A seat belt does not affect your driving. I can't understand how people are just fine with any law they come up with that true to run every aspect of your life, but apparently I'm a dinosaur that was born 40 years too late.

9. truck_guy

truck_guy Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2015
    SE MI
    Also consider that when you go thru the windshield and don’t die, but survive and can’t earn a living or maybe require constant care while in a vegetative state, we all pay for that for the rest of your life.

In twenty years as a firefighter, I saw way too much #### to not wear a seatbelt, law or not.

drvrtech77 and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  10. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    You pay for that whether you wear your seat belt or not. In Houston the seat belt law is a total racket. They have constables who ride around all day looking to ticket people (especially truckers) who don’t wear their seat belts. It’s nothing more than a way to generate revenue. If it was so vitally important for safety then there would be seat belts on school bus’ And city bus’s. It’s the same way with helmets. Some states require motorcyclists to wear helmets and others don’t. What’s the rationale behind that? “Oh we care for you so much, that we’re going to fine you for not wearing a seat belt or a helmet”. And please don’t even go there with the slippery slope fallacies.

Wear your seat belt and die in a crash and the same outcome is the result as if you didn’t wear one. The internet is full of articles about so called seat belts laws ostensibly designed to help save lives. It’s a total sham.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    There are plenty of videos on youtube showing drivers (usually bus drivers, due to the common use of cameras showing the interior) falling out of their seat due to a bump while cornering or getting knocked out of their seat following an initial impact. From the point they leave the seat until the vehicle hits something big enough to stop it, there is nobody at the controls.

A seat belt ensures your butt stays in the seat and at the controls. It provides the best chance to maintain control, and your ONLY chance to regain control if lost, when things go bad.

MBAngel and scottied67 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.