Seattle Occupied Zone (CHOP)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Whatagal, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Meh,

The area in Seattle was cleared out the first of July and did not have much need forlong trailer delivery. So not a problem.

Portland is only an issue for a couple of blocks around the Federal building. And once again I would question taking a 53 footer into that area during " normal" times. Big is issue there would be the oblivious local wandering lost souls that make driving a car there a challenge.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    My buddy lives right outside Portland. Born and raised there going on 55 years.
    Him and his neighbors are sick of the C.hit and ready for the federal government to do something about it.

4. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Both cities need to deal with their tent city populations.

Until they get the systemic issues that allow those to grow and flourish, I see very little positive to come from wholesale incarcerations.

randomname Thanks this.
  5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    "HEY! One a you looters mind signing this BOL for me? Great, thanks man......Yeah, under the stamp "Entire Load Looted"....okay, here's your copy. Think you could get your guys to get the empty pallets off the......oh, wait, never mind, they're already using them to break shop windows. Okay, thanks, see ya next trip."

6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I'm in Portland and Seattle just about every week. Unless you're delivering downtown in either city in the middle of the night, you're not going to see any protesters. Most are unemployed, parent's basement dwelling morons that sleep all day and protest all night. About all you see during the day are endless tent cities along the I-5 and tons of graffiti. Normal people who live in those areas still need the stuff I'm delivering.

tommymonza, Wasted Thyme and Blu_Ogre Thank this.
  7. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

Plenty of homeless and destitute people on their own doorstep in DC. If they can walk by those everyday they aren't going to care much about those on the other side of the country.

8. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I'm homeless. But I personally am living nomadic and taking advantage of Florida having free camp grounds. I work everyday. Will be getting my CDL shortly. Not having a home is no reason to be a bum.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  9. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I used to be a homeless truck driver, then I bought a house. Now that I am OTR again and paying a mortgage on an empty house, I am thinking about returning to homelessness.

kemosabi49 and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.