Second guessing myself on a semi 5th wheel

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Jan 10, 2021.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    oh boy another Debbie do right that nothing can be real unless it was shipped from China in a shiny box bought on Amazon and installed by some shop that charges you $100/hr..While paying some kid just out of high school $12/hr to do the actual work...

It's sad how this country went from people who sent us to the moon on the processing power of a calculator and now we are left with people who can't do anything for themselves because of fear of the unknown or that they might get dirt under their fingernails...

Americans used to pride ourselves on our ingenuity and can-do attitude now we have nothing but a bunch of Debbie downers and scared Nancy boys who think the world will come to a crashing to an end because you build your own truck hitch or design your own trailer..

Henry Ford, Nikoli Telsa, The Write Brothers ect..ect.. would have never been allowed to build anything by today's Americans for fear they might get sued.

Holy, I bet you'd totally blow a head gasket if you knew I replaced all the ball joints and tie rod ends.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Roberts450 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steve6514

Steve6514 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Ya..you got it all figured out!...Everybody else is weak and stupid...The entire world that worries about liability...and insurance are chumps...and the fact that all of the richest people and corporate entities waste their money on it and have attorneys and law firms on retainer ....Well that's just another example of just how dumb they all are...

Ask just a few of the people who got in a wreck just how important it is in the real world to be legal...Or maybe not...we are all weak and stupid after all...You got this!....Just tell that judge and the Cops What you just told me!

tommymonza and Gatordude Thank this.
  4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

dude, you worry about your liability and I'll worry about mine.. I wasn't asking for opinions on my insurance. I'll tell you what, why don't you back up your talk and you show me the DOT/fmcsa regulation that says me building my own mounting plate for a 5th wheel is "illegal".

The simple fact is you can't because you clearly have never read the regulations. I have read them and I know with 100% fact you are talking out your ###..

5. Steve6514

Steve6514 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    I'm not worried about you in the slightest...and I'm assuring you that I'm every bit as concerned about you and your opinion of me now as I was last year at this time...You obviously know it all and don't need any advice even though you did ask for it...

Yep... Experience is the best teacher and the most expensive...Now do tell me again how strong and smart and pretty and rich and successful you are!

mnmover Thanks this.
  6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

No, I don't know it all but I do know what I talking about when it comes to building hitches and I do know what DOT regulations are with them. You have no clue what my experience is but you just run off on a tangent telling me I'm gonna cause a wreck because I built my own hitch..

7. Steve6514

Steve6514 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    I don't care about you or you wild imagination...I Never said that you are or were going to wreck...but lots of people do who are not at fault...I fact I knew one guy who was rear ended by a guy speeding well over 100 MPH as he was trying to make his left tern into the mall with his flatbed full of sod...He was a one truck trucking company and had been driving for 25 years and never even got a ticket before...He was charged for the accident and the widow of the Mustang driver sued Him and the sod farm and the mall...He lost everything and had to start over ...I met him 3 years after the accident...In North Florida...Driving an old truck that he owned ...He had never been in that town before and he had missed the entrance to his drop and went down the road and U turned uneventfully and came back and was waiting to turn when the traffic cleared the other way..The guy who died was drunk & speeding with an open bottle in the car...The Truck was standing still The Driver told me he was charged because the Cop said that his truck and trailer was not completely within his lane when he was making his wide turn like every big truck needs to do...What happens when your insurance refuses to pay?

I don't care if you believe me or not...By the way I was a local in the town at the time and the guy was a big shot engineer at the nuke plant!....The next time that you are waiting ask some other drivers what happens if overweight or a tail light out or a tire or brake and someone hits you...

mnmover Thanks this.
  8. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Yes Sir, Trial Lawyers....if you been hurt in an accident with a BIG Truck call Lou...Big Lou is like you if you or your love one is hurt. Get the money you deserve

mnmover, rccarlson22 and tommymonza Thank this.
  9. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Dude.. You can buy all the truck hitches you want in nice shiny boxes from China or whereever. I will continue to build mine. I'm not worried in the slightest of being sued because of the hitch mounting plate on my truck.

10. Steve6514

Steve6514 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    I don't care what you do ...You are Brilliant...you told me so!...Ironically in my life experience which can't match yours of course...Smart people never felt the need to tell me how smart they are...Successful people Ditto...and wealthy people never cared in the least if I thought they had money...

And in case I forgot to mention it before....Thanks for you giving me your permission to spend my own money any way that I want to....Many people must be seeking your validation and approval!...A man among men!

tommymonza and Lite bug Thank this.
  11. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    How does the song go......Hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.