Seeking Schneider IC CHOICE Program Details/Requirements

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by knuckledragger, Jul 9, 2014.

1. knuckledragger

knuckledragger Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Everett, WA
    I'm thinking of purchasing my own truck (outside of Schneider) and signing on to the West Coast IC Choice program. Can anyone here tell me what Schneider's requirements are for a driver who brings his own truck to this program? Better yet, is there a place online a person can read the ALL the details/requirements about IC Choice? If not, how about a direct contact at Schneider? Thanks for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jar-Head

Jar-Head Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2013
    paul_4lp and knuckledragger Thank this.
  4. knuckledragger

Jun 7, 2014
    Everett, WA
    Hey Jar Head, Thank you for your reply. I actually subscribed to your thread a while back. I don't recall seeing anything specific as to Schnieder's requirements (specs) for a driver bringing his own truck to the program. Do you know what they are?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  5. wonderdog24

wonderdog24 Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Puyallup,Wa
    Actually you need to read Atruckers thread/Sadwar "West Coast" thread/DFO thread.... People who have real life experience with/SNI......There is no such thing as a "west coast choice board".... If you chose to stay on the West Coast that is entirely up to you....

knuckledragger Thanks this.
  6. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    800-28-lease

7. knuckledragger

Jun 7, 2014
    Everett, WA
    Thank you for your reply. I am aware of 'Atrucker', 'Sadwar', 'DFO', 'JarHead' and 'Wheelwell's' threads on the IC Choice program. (All excellent threads) However, I'm looking for specific requirements (specs) that Schneider requires for bringing your own truck on board with this program. I didn't find this on any of the above threads. In addition, I'd like to see ALL of the details/requirements for this program. (Something in writing from Schneider?)

Here is a link regarding the West Coast Choice program I've run across on this board. Please let me know if it's incorrect and if this program doesn't really exist. The poster of this thread said it is based out of Portland, OR.
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...80-west-coast-choice-program-starting-up.html

8. knuckledragger

Jun 7, 2014
    Everett, WA
    Thanks Drifter! Do you know if there is anything available online from Schneider that gives the 'fine print' of this program?

9. Drifter42

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    No not really..Best bet is to call and speak with a recruiter and they will be willing to answer all questions you may have...Even in today's world of online info, most of the time it's best to speak with someone in the company to get specific questions answered. Hope that helps and good luck.

10. Drifter42

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    He did his orientation in Portland and runs the west coast for the most part. There is no specific west coast choice board, but if that;s where you want to run, you can pick the freight off the load board. It's a nationwide board, but you can narrow your search to the specific areas you want to run. That's the beauty of choice. You run where you want. If you don't want to do NYC, you don't go there, If you don't like the northeast, you don't go there. You pick where you want to run. I'm no big fan of the northeast, but I go there because it pays so well to go, but I will not go to the 5 boroughs lol. If you want to stay on the west coast you can.

11. Jar-Head

Jar-Head Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2013
    There are no real requirements .. I saw a guy who brought a 1997 or 98 Pete ..

I assume if there is one it would be ..

1. Must have ECM for paperless logs
    2. Pass a DOT

Mother than that I'm not aware of any

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.