Semi Truck Fuel Theft Devices

Discussion in 'Truckers Forum Sponsors - Supporters Forum' started by Global Trucker, Jun 5, 2008.

1. mrktwiz

mrktwiz Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Ben Lomond, CA

I hope that night in jail was for breaking up some knuckleheads scalp and then ripping of his head and sh*ting down his throat....ok sorry got carried away a little their but thieves just make me MAD!:smt068

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WildRose

WildRose Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Hartford, CT
    I have been thinking about this lately..... They have cheap switches to convert household lamps with metal bases to "Touch" Lamps. why couldnt you get something like that and wire it to your tanks. When anyone touches it they could set off an alarm or something. They also have car alarms that will go off the minute someone touches your car. The devil in me says hook your batteries to it and electroci=ute anyone who touches your tanks. any ideas? suggestions?

Rose'

4. brittanycmpbl

brittanycmpbl Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2012
    New York, NY
    I haven't tried this one yet, but sounds cool :)

5. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Niles, MI
    I have the anti siphon device on my tanks, and am in the process of buying locking Fuel Caps. Also we are going to put stickers on both sides saying

"SMILE YOU ARE BEING VIDEO TAPED"

alds Thanks this.
  6. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Niles, MI
    i have thought the same thing

7. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Check out the caps carefully. I had the anti siphon devices and bought locking caps for my KW . The locking mechanism will not work with the anti siphon device in place. They require a lip for a dog to swivel under the edge of the cap throat. The anti siphon tube blocks that lip.

I ended up taking the anti siphon devices out. Turns out the more modern thieves use a thinner plastic hose that will fit thru the center of these anti siphon devices, then use a high speed electric pump.

8. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    The key holes of the locking caps get road grit in them and then won't open. Using a big set of channel lock type pliers and twisting on the cap will easily overcome the lock mechanism, snapping the cheap (built but NOT price) lock core.

9. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    the way i stop fuel theft is dont fuel at the end of your day. do it at the start of your day. not fool proof but efective. if that dont work my buddy bruno is very effective.(160lb rottwieller guard dog)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    Cetane+ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.