Sent home from SWIFT school

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Randokuky, Oct 28, 2011.

1. High Desert Dweller

High Desert Dweller Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    WHAT DRUGS ARE TESTED FOR?
    All urine specimens are analyzed for the following drugs:

1. Marijuana (THC metabolite)
    2. Cocaine
    3. Amphetamines
    4. Opiates (including heroin)
    5. Phencyclidine (PCP)
    The testing is a two-stage process. First, a screening test is performed. If it is positive for one or more of the drugs, then a confirmation test is performed for each identified drug using state-of-the-art gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) analysis. GC/MS confirmation ensures that over-the-counter medications or preparations are not reported as positive results.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-security/safety-initiatives/drugs/engtesting.htm

This is the official source. Accept no substitutes.

Cochise, Lonesome and roadkilled Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Same goes for any company driver....spit can hit the fan at any time, and getting home is your own problem (i.e. Arrow). Even as an O/O, I carry enough cash to fill my tanks & get home....never know when there will be a problem with your card or with a truck stop's system....and you can either waste a few hours at the truck stop trying to get the problem figured out, or you can pay cash and call the bank from the road to get things straightened out before you need the card again.

Cochise Thanks this.
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    "approved" is not the same as "tested for"

Those are the drugs that are tested for...not the drugs which are approved for use. Some medications may disqualify you from operating a CMV without showing positive in a drug test...while others are OK under a doctor's order even if they will give a positive result.

Cochise Thanks this.
  5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    There's more to this story than we are hearing.

At the risk of getting into a urination competition, I am going to only say: Swift does not send people home because they inadvertently left something out on a meds list. Antidepressants and acid reducers don't show up in a wizz quiz, and if that's all it was, barring an extreme attitude issue, I have never seen anyone cut loose for something so petty.

Was your "antidepressant" somewhere in the methamphetamine family by any chance?

Lonesome, Cochise and dog-c Thank this.
  6. Randokuky

Randokuky Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Denton, Tx
    Nope, and nothing else happens but what i posted. I had no tude when told, I signed the paper and walked out. They said it was falsification of dot physical and sent me home

7. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    Methamphetamine's are anti depressants I got to get some of them

8. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    contact Crete. they will be your best bet for employment after school.

9. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    What is the exact name of the the prescription drugs ou were taking?

10. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Some peoples body chemistry is screwy. A person that has ADD for instance MAY have to take a methamphetamine based drug to control their ADD. In essence taking meth to depress their system and symptoms to a level where they can concentrate and function on a more normal basis. At the same time that person has to be careful taking a med that would make me drowsy, it could amp up their system like they were taking meth based products.

11. Ten_Ken

Ten_Ken Bobtail Member

May 1, 2009
    Old Hickory,TN
    Yea, ask any former Arrow driver about the need for cash. I'd seen too many drivers hit the road with just $20 or less in their pocket. Within a couple of days have no money buy anything to eat.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.