Sent home from SWIFT school

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Randokuky, Oct 28, 2011.

1. rcphotobob

rcphotobob Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2009
    pharr texas
    Isn't there a connection between CR ENGLAND & SWIFT. As usual I believe there is more here than meets the eye, But than again you did sign a federal form & technicaly a lie.
    25yr's in this business & I am amazed at the quality of students in school's now a day's.
    where is common sense where are the basic's every student should know like reading writing spelling problem solving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Aside from having terminals within a few miles of each other in the same city, no. Businesswise, they are direct competitors.

4. Joescheppae Q

Joescheppae Q Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
    that is for sure.

it seems like the perfect time for the old :"poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"
    line, because knowing is the whole battle for the driver and a prospective employer. If the employer needs to have a list of all prescriptions being taken by said driver then all prescription must be disclosed.

i just faxed my long physical forms to several prospective employers and there are no current medications listed on that form. If I take another physical w/ u/a & hair folickle and oxycodone shows up there is going to be some one w/ a huge problem and that is this guy (me).

The point I am making is that the industry has safe guards in place so that people don't beat the system early on because if there is an accident down the road and the driver gets a "Prescription Drug DUI" there could be life altering consequences for all parties involved.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    SWIFT, and CENTRAL REFRIGERATED are connected at the hip, maybe that's what you're thinking.

Injun Thanks this.
  6. Randokuky

Randokuky Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Denton, Tx

Its an off brand of CELEXA

LoL @ all the "more than meets the eye" post....you guys watch to much transformers. 3 other people got the same treatment. Nothing more happened....I went thru day one (DOT Physical) and as I said many times, I KNOW ITS MY FAULT I OWNED My MISTAKE IN MY FIRST POST. Day 2 when we got the physical back I noticed and told someone. Day 3 I was booted. I have no criminal back ground, been years since i have had a ticket or accident. Hints why I also posted I thought they couls have handled it better.

I can read and write, problem solving is not an issue I have either...I made a simple human mistake as I miss read the question...it didnt just say list meds, there was a whole box with list of disorders I.E. high blood pressure, diabetes, ect ect.....then right below that it says in BOLD letters "If you checked yes to any of the above list onset date, date treated, docs name ect ect and is smaller lettering said list meds taken daily.

I read the If checked yes to.......and moved on. The DOC during the physical didnt even ask if I took meds for anything (in no way am i saying its his fault)

Its my mistake I owned it already the first post was just to vent and let people know what mistake I did and hopefully help others who have to take it.....LIST YOUR MEDS!!!! if you dont see a spot ask, I didnt and it was a epic fail.

Lucky for me it didnt go on my DAC, I applied for 2 schools and the DAC came back clean.

7. Randokuky

Oct 25, 2011
    Denton, Tx
    It just comes down to I screwed up, made a rookie mistake and I paid for it.....now I know and if I dont see where to list them Ill ask. simple as that. Thanks for the responses and the support.

roadiez and Injun Thank this.
  8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    It won't go on your DAC. You weren't an employee. No worries there.

If what you're saying is what really happened, we should be seeing you go somewhere else soon. If you're looking for company sponsored training, Prime does okay even if they leave a few minor things out. Also, don't rule Central out. Just because it's Swift's kissing cousin, doesn't mean information flows freely back and forth. Reviews on Central's training have been mostly positive.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  9. Randokuky

Oct 25, 2011
    Denton, Tx
    Im starting school with CR England monday, I have read some good some bad, and talked to some drivers and I think ill give them a shot.

10. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    CRE does work for some folks. Good luck to you.

11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Yes, good luck at CRE. I just hope that when you get a trainer and head out on the road, you get a trainer that only has one student on the truck, and that is you. they have some trainers that actually have 2 students at a time on the truck. Ran into one the other day and he did tell me that he does, and his truck runs close to 30k miles per month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.