Sent home from SWIFT school

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Randokuky, Oct 28, 2011.

1. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Probably more than just "a favor".....keep looking

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I do believe a lot people will at some point in their life will have acid reflux. That doesn't mean he can't drive. The stress meds, as long as it's not anti psychotic meds, I see nothing wrong with driving a truck while taking those.

Injun and Gears Thank this.
  4. Randokuky

Randokuky Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Denton, Tx
    Just because I say acid reflux doesn't mean I'm throwing up everything I eat, most the time its just bad heart burn. And the stress meds is so I don't get stressed out, not because oak already......proactive not reactive.

I have talk with my doc and she gave the ok...she is a bit more qualified than you so ill take her word thanks for the concern tho

Day 2 at cre is done so far only complaint is the sh**y hotel we stay in

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  5. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Be glad you're not in Salt Lake City.

6+ people per room, no linens, no towels, etc.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Yep I am not a MD but I do have experience in the med field as a RT.

To say you are being given stress med proactive is not entirely true.

acid reflux which is a disease has stress as a contributing factor. Your doctor is giving you these meds reactively due to your disease. I am sure she also told you to loose weight, adjust diet don't eat before going to bed ect...

If you have a disease which acid reflux is and a contributing factor is stress. Driving a truck ain't going to help it any. Thats what I am saying.

Like if I had a heart problem I would not be trying out for the olympic marathon team. savy?

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  7. Randokuky

Oct 25, 2011
    Denton, Tx
    ok man, whatever you say.

anyway day 3 is over.....wow at all the people who got here and didnt even open the book for 3 days. SOOOOOOO many people failed the test...all 5 of them AND THE TEACHER GAVE US THE ANSWERS FOR THE PERMIT. Im glad I had mine done, i got good sleep why every one else was supposed to be studying but in really stayed out all night screaming and yelling out said doing the whole "i can top that story" bit. its odd cause to hear them talked they are 1 or 2 IQ points away from a genius but FAILED!!

8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Intelligence and common sense are two entirely different things. My cat is not very smart. But she has common sense enough to stay away from the truck when the motor's running.

Those tests are based mainly on common sense.

tdcanterbury67 Thanks this.
  9. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

\have you had a A1C done? will do same syptoms,hope you the best

10. Trini

Trini Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Randokuky,

Question form you? Are there many students attending the school now? Or is it just a handful due to the up coming holidays?

11. Randokuky

Oct 25, 2011
    Denton, Tx
    there was 40 i think.....they said there is normally 3x the amount. So maybe people are holding off till after the holidays or maybe because they dont want to learn during snow season...who knows?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.