Server Upgraded, Report Errors Here

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Admin, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Play some Funky Music..What else?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    That usually happens when the page doesn't load all it's data?
    Do you have anything running in the background?

It might be time to do some maintenance. Have you checked for spyware?

4. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    IE 7 and earlier versions have a number of peculiarities that are incompatible with modern internet technology. Making a site display correctly on both IE 7 and a modern browser is time consuming (and therefore expensive), it's much simpler to develop a site that works on modern browsers, which is what we did with the current site. You can download IE 8 here for free.
    Or chrome
    Or Firefox

5. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Ahhh sooo....wise one, I'll give it a shot. Keep the whiskey cold and the cigars ready, I'll be back.

6. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Well, Done. Upgraded browser to IE 8 . Trucker home page looks better but my rr track icon is still leaching into the header a lil bit.

No biggie and thanks.

Admin Thanks this.
  7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I moved to Chrome. It loads faster and performs better than IE. I was a die hard IE fan, try Chrome you'll like it. I haven't looked back.

It has all the same features with the same favorites bar plus you have a built in spell check which makes you look smart and a password and auto form fill which is handy.

bullhaulerswife and otherhalftw Thank this.
  8. Road-Hammer

Road-Hammer Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Reloading doesn't help.Only get following message if/when I am logged in.vBulletin MessageThe server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.Cleared cache, cookies and history. Nothing is helping. I can navigate just fine if logged out. Took me 1/2 hour just to get to the point where I can type this message and even then not sure if it will post when I hit submit.

9. Road-Hammer

Sep 1, 2011
    Still getting:vBulletin MessageThe server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.Reloading and clearing cache, cookies, history and temporary internet files doesn't help

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    The new server smell is starting to fade. :-(

11. Road-Hammer

Sep 1, 2011
    After some research, I discovered that there really isn't a problem with the server at all (it wasn't "too" busy). It turns out that the default setting in vBulletin is very low, and may trigger this message depending on the server's CPU. Here's how to fix it:Go to:vBulletin Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options > *NIX Server Load LimitBy setting the option to a higher CPU usage percentage (10 or higher), you can keep the functionality of the warning and only trigger this message under "high" load times. If you're running more than one site or server app on your server, then it's possible that this function would be better off disabled with a '0'.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.